Toyota Highlander shortage-no way to negotiate

Called 7 dealers today and they all laughed when I said I wanted the hybrid and it would be a year and a half maybe more. Then I asked about xle or limited 4wd and they said 6 months for those. I feel like they have me by the balls. How bad are leases right now? What’s the mf running? My current Lexus I am on a super cheap lease of $585 with no money down but looks like those days are long gone. How is the demand this high?!

Send @Jrouleau426 a message he can help you

8 Likes

Even if you found a Hybrid Highlander in stock with no markup you probably still wouldnt want to lease it, the lease is terrible on them. You would be better off leasing the gas version and paying more for fuel.

The best solution is to lease a different brand, Lexus and Toyota have been putting out lousy lease incentives lately

9 Likes

Have a hybrid that came in for a friend at msrp. He doesnt want it. If interested pm.

4 Likes

My Lexus had no incentives either in 2020 but I still got a decent lease. What brand would you recommend for mid size suv w great cargo space?

CX-9 maybe?

1 Like

Pathfinder 18 month lease

You shouldn’t feel that way. You have all the power because it is your money. The only way they win off you is if your just HAVE to have a Highlander … a feeling nobody should ever have about any Toyota product.

6 Likes

This is true… it’s just super hard to find that amount of cargo space that’s not made in America- I won’t buy American made brands bc I’ve been bit by a lemon Ford before.

Cargo space is way smaller- it’s 72 vs 85 on highlander

Or just avoiding Toyota for leasing completely. Both it and lexus have had programs that imply that they’re not interested in selling cars

8 Likes

Highlander is made in America.

6 Likes

I understand the syntax here, but I’m struggling with the logic.

9 Likes

I know they are made at a plant close to me actually but I’m referring to who owns them which is the Japanese

Are you struggling bc Toyota is actually made here? I should have been clearer…. Car companies that are not owned by companies in the United States such as Ford, Chevy etc they have build issues which are well known and lack long term reliability

No, I’m struggling why you’d write off North America over one bad experience with a Ford.

I’ve had needy cars from MB and Infiniti, but I haven’t eliminated the entire continents of Europe and Asia because of where those companies are headquartered.

7 Likes

I have a hybrid bronze edition in stock at msrp with my fee included. Only $200 doc fee tax tags on top

Also just posted a hybrid platinum in Moondust at msrp+1500. They’re very hard to get

6 Likes

This seems to be a good solution for OP.

1 Like

Not only are Toyota leases bad, but was also financing is terrible with TFS. Rates are anywhere from 7-10% on 60 months.

Look at the Pathfinder @ 18 months . It’s been redesigned recently and honestly a much nicer truck than the current Highlander

Not necessarily just my Ford, I have had a ton of friends with Tahoes and various others that had lemon issues. Just my personal preference based on stories from lots of people I know. I also have a 20 year old highlander that’s been a beast of a car so I’m a bit partial.