Toyota Highlander Limited 2022

Specify your location when asking for input on a deal! Tagging by state (e.g. CA, NJ, NY, usa-nationwide) is mandatory. Looking at 2022 Highlander Limited. Massachusetts area. MSRP- $48500. Dealer gave me a Quick monthly of $460/mo and $1500 down. I am turning in my current lease RAV XLE 2019. They did not give me specifics in numbers breakdown. I did not take deal, want to work the numbers and looking for help to see if this makes sense?? If I wish to buy out my RAV cost would be $20098.

If your question relates to lease-end purchases with the intention to own, post under the Buy/Finance sub-category and tag ā€œlease-end-purchaseā€.

Please tag if your question involves a specialized topic (e.g. tax, legal, shipping, 3rd-party-buyout, lease-transfer, etc.). You will reach experts faster that way. View all tags at FORUM | LEASEHACKR.

If you asked for a deal check, circle back after you have signed a deal ā€“ the community always loves to hear back! Submit your deal to SIGNED! (https://share.leasehackr.com).

There is likely a huge amount of equity going into the deal from your Rav4. Check with the dealer to see how much cap reduction theyā€™re applying on top of the 1500 down. Also double check the MF with them. If youā€™re set on the Limited, try to separate the two deals. Sell your Rav4 first and work the deal without any equity built into it. Limiteds go way over the 4xx mark currently.

1 Like

There sounds to be a ton of Equity in the Rav 4 as there is no way you can get a Highlander for $460/1500 normally.

A 48k highlander should be in at least high 6s.

Did you find out any specific numbers on yoiur trade in? If not, then he might be ā€˜taking a bit off the topā€™ on the trade in.

Probably more, I think XLE hybrids are going for 600s.

Lol you see the Highlander post going on right now? $490 with $4900 TTL.
Of course $4900 TTL is a lot more than $1500

Thatā€™s effective 635, and not even hybrids, my point is made.

My trade in for RAV XLE - $28300. they did not disclose reduction in Cap. I was hoping for at least 8% off MSRPā€¦ So it appears the $460 with $1500 may be looking pretty good. I agree with the 600s for the /xse and Limited. I will certainly discuss in more detail with them on my trade and cap reductionsā€¦

Is the 1500 a cap cost reduction or your total drive offs? If 1500 is your total drive off, youā€™re at around 718 effective a month with your equity baked in.

Itā€™s hard to evaluate the deal without the selling price and MF.

$460/mo with $1500 down is really

$460/mo with $9,800 down ($28,300 trade allowance - $20,xxx buyout (not sure if this includes tax or not).

So thatā€™s an effective payment of $732/month.

Why not purchase the vehicle? Yes, it would be a higher payment but would give you way more flexibility and the Highlander historically holds its value very well.

1 Like

Oh he said 460, dunno why I thought 450, but yeah effective around 730. Itā€™s right in line with what a limited would go for nowadays, before the inevitable discussions of lease versus finance.

I donā€™t think that matters. You are giving the dealer nearly $10K due at signing. Iā€™m too lazy to do more math, but you are not getting any type of true discount off from MSRP.

2 Likes

Just as a reference, my 43k MSRP xle hybrid just got an offer of 41.5k (19 months into the lease with 19k miles). I donā€™t have my lease contract on me, but I donā€™t think my selling price was even that high. The market is crazy, but even in a down market these things hold value incredibly well.

Feel free to text me. Iā€™ll break down equity and allow you to apply to payment or get a check at signing.

Jim
215-359-6836

2 Likes

I was quoted 7k over MSRP for a Highlander LTE today lol. That was supposedly getting a good deal. Soooo yeah, thereā€™s that.

Where did you go? Garden city (millennium)

I went to Boch south Toyota in Attleboro. I have done business there before. I have reached out to several other dealers on the matter of pricing and interest in my 2019 Rav.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.