Toyota 86: $500+ month?!

Yup. I figured that much right away. Haha

WTF is a toyota 86?

1 Like

Subaru BRZ basically

1 Like

Oooooofffff. They give you astroglide w the quote?

6 Likes

You could easily buy a used FR-S for $505 over 36 months…

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-for-sale/listing/JF1ZNAA17G9706884/?referrer_id=autotempest

6 Likes

Nah they did me raw
Anyone have accurate numbers?

1 Like

The stale former Scion FRS with a Toyota badge on it. Appeal of a Versa that leases like a Golf R.

3 Likes

HAHAHAAHAA! I practically sprayed my Diet Pepsi all over the counter reading that appropriate description!

3 Likes

“Leases like a golf R”
Guess I’ll look for a gently beaten pre owned.
Or wait for new design
Thanks everyone for your help!

If that is the car you want, talk to the Toyota dealers and brokers in the marketplace. I haven’t seen a lease come through to know if there are any deals. But always confirm the residual and MF with Edmunds and run through the calculator yourself.

1 Like

Wow… whatever they are doing, they are smoking something

2 Likes

I’d think hard but they put that VINmark fee there…I am out!!!

I actually have been looking at them. Supposed to be very fun on canyon roads without speeding like a madman. I guess my hope for spending 250 a month on it won’t work

Doesn’t matter whether its a 2019 or a 2020

These have awful lease programs on them (Bad MF and low residual)

Would be better off on a BRZ but even then its not the best bang for the buck

3 Likes

Not that you asked, but a hardtop MX5 sounds just as fun and waaaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper.

Just my $0.02. Add $9.97 and get yourself a sixer of St. Archer to mull it over.

:bat:

2 Likes

Not for me, you’ve been warned @Bostoncarconcierge :laughing:.

Agreed.

Speaking of which, anyone in California who wants to buy a 2018 Machine Gray MX-5 Grand Touring 6MT soft top with 9,500 miles for $21,200… which may or may not be the current payoff on my current lease? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 2

I had that car for 15 months. U are better off buying used. Car handles great, steering is too tight and power is just lacking. But it handles great!.
Also, gives you a headache after sitting in it for 45 mins. Recommend looking for something else.
If you really want this, buy a used one and sell it after a year or 2.

2 Likes

“Also, gives you a headache after sitting in it for 45 mins”

This is outstanding. Not something you see in too many car reviews.