Tough market, need to lease anyway. Any recos

Try shifting the transmission - listen for the clunks as it shifts - very annoying and sounds like it will break shortly!

1 Like

nothing like a smooth Lexus V8 –

I see why electric cars are popular – I was kind of shocked how smooth and quiet the model 3 was

I hate buzzy raspy engines – sounds like your in a lawn mower

Subaru Ascent, too :point_up:

2 Likes

We don’t know what your budget is and how good you are at car maintenance or how much you enjoy driving a car versus just getting from point A to B, so how can we recommend that…

There is one person who thinks anything Subaru and Volvo make is gold …

1 Like

Plus it has a recall for “navigation software flash” lol…

1 Like

Get the one which you can afford and don’t break the Bank. I will prefer Atlas then Pilot then Jeep.
They say Atlas is a cheap version of Q7.
Try to negotiate more or look around in the mkt place if a broker can get you a better deal.

At this point the reco is that things won’t get better soon as per New York Times article

Blockquote Even with the Manheim index pointing to a slowdown in inflation, there are still some reasons to think car prices could stay elevated over the next few months. Flooding from Hurricane Ida damaged an estimated 200,000 cars from Louisiana to New York, according to Carfax. That could make used car supplies even tighter while pushing new buyers into the market.

1 Like

I am sure some of those 200k cars will be back in used sale car lots .

1 Like

I once answered an add for a Nissan Skyline.
When I went to look at the car

• New Carpet
  • New Seats
  • A ‘waterline’ in the middle of the spedometer

These guys spent the time changing the carpet and the seats but not to put some CLR on the Spedo? Jeez.

User name checks out

2 Likes

You would need to compare to Overland and Summit trims. Not altitude or Limited…

Sounds to me like you need to look for what you like first then work on a deal second.

Obviously everyones tastes are different, a broker here could have got me a lease on a pilot Ex-L for 500 tax included with only driveoffs due. He offered it after seeing how badly the Overland leased. I didnt even consider it because I dont like how the pilot looks.

But you might…

Even then, you’d want to compare against a non-T8 XC90

1 Like

For real :ok_hand:

1 Like

I was looking for something broadly similar not long ago and ended up with an XC90 T8 inscription from @aronchi. Very happy with deal and vehicle. Since you are in NJ also, give Mike (@aronchi) a shout. Solid guy.

I got the '21 CX-9 Signature. Lots of car for the money.

1 Like

Second this, I have a Grand Touring and like it a lot.

i appreciate it. market is very very different than last year though. your car was awesome.

You’re very welcome. Strange market for sure. I just traded my m2 last week for not much less than I paid for it in 2019.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.