Tough market, need to lease anyway. Any recos

good reco, so far i was stuck at JGC L , i will start searching pilot.

did you explore, mitsubishi oulander and nissan pathfinder? whats your take on these.

1 Like

Russian Italian…

2 Likes

I have, and the Outlander shouldn’t be allowed to call that space a “third row” unless you’re putting a very small person back there, and I say person because I couldn’t imagine trying to do anything with a carseat or booster in that space.

Pathfinder is brand new this year, and while I like it way more than the one I currently have (2018), I’m hesitant to pay those kind of prices for a Pathfinder. Best lease offer I have is about $575/mo (all tax/tags/fess included, only 1st payment due at signing) for an SV 4WD. That’s from the same salesperson I’ve been working with for years, and trust about as much as I ever could trust a car salesperson.

2 Likes

Just sold a lease on a Mitsubishi Outlander plug in hybrid. Decent car, the plugin had no third row. Third row on those are way too small for anything.

I would not pay what they ask for a pathfinder. Perhaps if they had a nice lease incentive, but I did not even look at it.

Another one I forgot to mention was the VW Atlas. They had a decent lease a few months ago and my neighbor picked one up. Looks nice, and roomy, had my neighbor not picked one up I may have considered it. But again, no great leasing on those on top end trims.

2 Likes

Jeep GCL altitude, choice of vehicle was in transit and when it arrived dealer said it has a recall for navigation software flash. Currently this is the cheapest deal I got for leasing, however not sure about the risk involved now or later regarding recall. Plus can I negotiate the further after this fact.

Thanks in advance.

Omg a navigation software flash? This car will blow up any minute!!! Do not go anywhere near it!!!

/sarcasm

1 Like

There’s no risk and no negotiating power here. It just needed a software update.

I’m actually surprised that would ever make it to the level of a recall. Are you sure it wasn’t just a tsb or something like that?

2 Likes

thats what he said. and could it be the reason for the cheapest deal?

I’m guessing he used recall as a generalized term rather than an actual recall.

What was the context of this conversation? Was it “hey, the car won’t be ready on time because there’s a nav recall we need to take care of?”

2 Likes

exactly. i think dealer was aware about his beforehand that’s why gave me the cheapest deal in the town without much negotiation. it was in tranist for a week since he gave me the numbers. he also request to put some deposit which I did (same day in morning it arrived). the car arrived in afternoon, as soon it arrived he gave me call and inform about recall and it will take time to fix it and hence delay.

my question is how impactful is the recall and if I can negotiate the numbers based on this.

what is 10 MSD? XC90 is pretty beyond range of Jeep GCL altitude.

You’re overthinking a very trivial issue.

First and foremost, it doesn’t appear this is actually a recall. Rather it’s just a software update that is needed. It shouldn’t take long at all to deal with. If they’re delaying more than just to the next day, then something else is going on.

There is no impact due to needing the nav software updated and it does not give you any more negotiating power. It is incredibly trivial.

1 Like

how would you compare Jeep GCL Altitude 2021 with sunrroof, VW Atals 2021 with panaromic and Honda pilot 2022 with sunroof. they all are almost same msrp 46k. Vw and Pilot has some pretty features like passanger seat window shades, touchless cargo door opener. Atlas we can fold sencod row seat without taking child seat out.

I drove the L altitude — the engine is extremely buzzy - borderline embarrassing

3 Likes

When it comes to leases, MSRP isn’t hugely relevant. There’s often a big difference in lease prices between similar vehicles of the same MSRP.

1 Like

thats true. i think there are several factors specially the bank with which dealer is working. in my case, with 36 months,1500 down, Jeep is 525, Pilot is 580 and Atlas is 600.

in terms of lease. what i found was xc90 hybrid goes in800 range, whereas jeep is into 500. same leasing terms.

You’re comparing one of the top trim XC90s against a near bottom trim GCL though.

2 Likes

how about atlas and pilot.