To put new tires on lease or not?

Those mileage warranties are a joke. I’ve never even sniffed one before needing to replace.

I’ve seen some tires in parking lots around town where it almost looks like those Nascar tires, maybe that’s how you pull 50k miles on a set of tires.

:joy:

I guess some take it to the actual limit of what a tire can live up to.

In case anyone is curious on this one. Tires arrived yesterday. In better than expected condition - no patches, no unusual wear, etc. Even the installer said these were basically new and that I stole them. After install, I’m all-in at $475 for OEM tires that will last well beyond my time with the car. Really happy.

2 Likes

Probably from a totaled car, lucky you.

Who brought the good news bear?

I’m in the same boat…have a VW Passat lease ending in 2 months with 19” Z rated tired. Waiting to get the turn in inspection and see what they say.

The 2 fronts look to be about 5-6/32 so I’m close. If they let me slide so be it but if not I’ll have to pick up two new Contis. Figure another $40-$50 to install as well

Last three leases I purchased used tires prior to turning in. All tires I purchased on Ebay, offerup, craigslist all came over 85% tread (two Bridgestones had over 90% and I got two for only $80). Never got bad tires and never got hit when I turned in lease. The last tires I got where RFT and purchased two on ebay for under $150 and got them installed at local tire dealership for $25 for both (yep only $25 to get them changed , balanced and old ones thrown away). Best way to go to save a lot of money.
In fact on my MBZ (I had a few years ago), I needed two Conti’s and asked local dealership if they had any used ones in stock. He checked and reported they had two, almost new because some guy upgraded rims and tires. $80 later I had two almost brand new tires installed.
The challenge for used tires, I’ve discovered, are large trucks and SUVs. Those tires are expensive new and used.