Tips to obtain a SUBARU under MSRP

find dealer that takes subaru VIP

donate $500

thats probably the best deal you are going to get

I’m less up to speed in the current state of Imprezas. There don’t appear to be any 22s left so you’re looking at 23s

There is only $1000-$1500 in markup from invoice to msrp depending on trim, I don’t think VIP through ASPCA is a good investment here.

Which trim are you considering? Lease or purchase?

Premium 5‑Door, thinking to purchase unless there is a killer lease deal

1 Like

Subaru has 3.9% on the sedan only. Just about $1300 in markup on Premium. For $500 you can get VIP and invoice pricing, the dealers know that. You can start your negotiation below invoice (you can offer whatever you want), anything more than $800 off MSRP beats VIP. Find dealers with the car you want, make them an offer, see whose hungry.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the awesome tips :))

1 Like

So donating $500 (to a good cause btw) to save $1000-1500 isn’t a good investment? I’m not following the logic.

People have received better discounts without the need of the VIP program (for example 3.5-5.3k off a 22 WRX).

@Drew454 dealers will play ball if it’s been sitting on the lot so you might not need to donate for $1000-1500 off

@Sp0o0kyC that’s because the controversial design
At 5k off you can take your eyes somewhere else and not GAF :rofl:

1 Like

Do we need to be on this VIP for a while to be eligible?

Or is the $500 donation instant and we will be qualify for the VIP Pricing?

Thanks

Usually 1-2 business days but effectively instant. Smaller donation is a 6 month wait.

i thought they took this one away, i dont see it
25/ a month for 6 months?

Maybe the OP can maintain the first post with a list of ways to obtain VIP. There are several, and some recent changes. Also the list of what vehicles are eligible…

1 Like

Is $500 an instant or considered small amount ?

What’s the WRX situation these days? Still able to get them for firesale pricing? Any recent deals to share in NorCAL

1-2k off on the 2023 to offset the 1600 dollar MSRP price increase.

Is Subaru still being aggressive with their “trade-in programs”? Or was that all just a bunch of bologna?

Are you asking if Subaru Guaranteed Trade-in is still a thing? Yes

During the 2022 clean out earlier this year, a lot of folks were reporting that dealers were being very aggressive with trade-ins (not limited to used Subaru’s.)

I think there was even a member here that traded in a 4Xe for a WRX and got a pretty high value.

2 Likes

@harrydogyo is an animal for that

2 Likes

Yup. That was me.

Got a generous 50k for my 22 Sahara and 5k off a sweet silver premium WRX.

6 Likes