Tips to obtain a SUBARU under MSRP

I think confirmed earlier nothing outside New England for sure. Possible other adjoining states but then you have to deal with the no temp plate issue.

I got a couple other dealers to 3600 off beating the competing offers but some had dealer prep fees or other garbage mucking up the deal.

1 Like

MA doesn’t issue temp plates so most dealers won’t do out of state sales.

I think this particular dealer (that did the 4750 off) is QuirksSubaru and they are a definite no to out of state transactions.

1 Like

Not exactly. I just purchased 2 Fords from Quirk Ford in Quincy MA in the last 4 months. I live in NH.

They delivered to me in NH. I just had to go to my DMV and get my own plates.

I’m sure they’re willing to deal if you’re not in MA. Prob still need to be close though

2 Likes

I’m looking for a forester. Any deals? Thank you

Most of them won’t go outside of New England.

I can’t speak for all of them, though.

1 Like

It’s our collective revenge for every broker deal here that’s “NATIONWIDE…except MA” of which @Bostoncarconcierge typically leads the way with deals you wish you had.

Seriously though it baffles me why temp plates can’t be a thing here.

7 Likes

Quirk Chevy dealt with me in NY.

1 Like

If he gets to $5000 off for end of month, I might be in for one.

Good luck. They might be, the 23 should be coming in very soon.

1 Like

Yeah if you have a trade they will go to 5k. I called mine 4750 because that’s where the calculator gave the numbers that lined up but either way it’s worth engaging for the conversation now before month end.

I actually wanted a blue one but two sold pretty fast while I was trying to work other deals.

1 Like

Quirk Subs

3 Likes

and they still have many to choose from. GM this AM said he was happy to be aggressive on trades to move these off the lot at 5k off.

3 Likes

what state is this dealer?

MA only, possibly neighboring states like NH.

Dealer let me walk off here in NJ a few weeks back. I wanted $2k off net of their doc fee and they wouldn’t do it.

Tired of the NJ/PA WRX dealer BS; so I went with a Tesla M3.

I will post some invoices here along with MMR 2night

1 Like

Are you from north jersey

Central, but I hit most dealers with inventory up to 3hrs out from me.

I’m actually kinda glad I went in the opposite direction with the Tesla M3. If I score WRX now, it would be for my kid and I would need a MA or CA type discount to pull the trigger.

Oh i was gonna say check out liberty subaru in emerson

Shoutout to @Bumboola for providing all the MMRs including the one below.

Seems like there’s still meat on the bone with a premium at 5-6k off.

Would love some advice from the experts. Is it worth trying to flip the premium? What would be more flippable after a few weeks and <500 miles? White vs orange? HK audio + moonroof vs without?

I’m in a moderate tax state so planning to lease 36/10 with no drive offs if I go for the flip.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks

1 Like

Fwiw, orange increases mmr by $100, white increases by $360. No clue what their value would be to a dealer though. With my flips, I kept it to neutral colors besides the wrangler, because its a wrangler

3 Likes