Tips to obtain a SUBARU under MSRP

https://phsonline.org/support-phs/membership/subaru-vip-program?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7bucBhCeARIsAIOwr-8HH2kuOmYfWYR41b4QtVuh5I6W59pAsrKTQxFdFqdZMfzKgaJaDa0aAuSnEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 Like

Did you ever find out what the discount was?

Its invoice pricing. Used to be below now it stands at invoice.

1 Like

yes, it’s invoice price plus 75$ Subaru inventory hardship supply chain fees .

invoice price can be found here Black Book New Car Invoices matches with my coin to coin .Subaru promise 8-10 weeks for car to arrive , but we will see .

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this!

thanks to @wmubroncos , @WeakestLink @jeisensc

#strong2gether

1 Like

I’m considering getting a WRX, later this year. On the Outback thread referenced above there was a person that was able to get a VIP code after 6 monthly donations to the ASCPA of $10 each. Can anyone here confirm that it works? Thanks.

You don’t need vip on a wrx
They are on fire sale already :joy:

9 Likes

Indeed - now is a great time to get one. But who knows in 6 months

IIRC it’s $100 then a 6 month wait, or $500 for immediate availability. What models it covers does change, when I got my Outback this past summer the Solterra and WRX were excluded.

1 Like

How much below invoice should I shoot for?

i was offered 5k off which is 16% off msrp, you should be able to get 2k+ without even asking most dealers offering 2 right off the bat
base/premium/limited

8 Likes

I got a lease proposal on Wrx base 2022 manual for invoice with VIP pricing from the dealer with like 4.9 stars reviews on google. It was about 40 miles away from my hometown in November 2022, my local dealers were still @ MSRP plus some accessories on top.

So I gave a chance to the dealer that was far from me and they gladly accepted my VIP pricing. I politely asked if they charge buy rate with my CS being way above 700. I did not have any problems with previous auto loans.They first sent me a lease proposal which matched the leasehack calculator MF and RV. Everything matched penny to penny so I said ok, here is $500, I’ll see you in January of 2023.

WOW, 01/17/2023 my car has arrived to the dealership STEALERship and they tried to mark MF up to 1.02 % or 0.00044 to the base tier 1. Basically lied in E-mail that they will charge me buyrate untill the car has arrived to the dealership. Apparently they changed their minds and put some door trim protectors which is like $250 and tried to get full backend reserve on me with fully marked up MF, which is like 30 dollars more monthly. I had to call the Subaru customer service and complain on the greedy dealership. The general sales manager called me and I asked him isn’t HOLDBACK 400$, DOC FEE 250$, Floor plan assistance of xxx$ , DOOR trims protectors 250$, Flat of 200$ from CHASEFINANCE? I asked him, If there is no mark up, plus Manufacture to dealer incentives which is like 15xx$, isn’t that enough for you ???
He replied not enough, and He admitted that Chase Financial has allowed them to charge 0.00044 points on top of buyrate. I told him that’s not gonna happen, and he said I’m returning you your deposit then. I said ok cool.

Very Greedy dealerships here in the U.S
will try to get especially if you have foreigner accent or your name is not JAMES Smith .
So far 3 lucky deals on the new cars
and 2 lost deals to KOONS not a shady dealer and S Subaru 4.9 stars dealer

4 Likes

just make sure you matching everything with up the leasecalculator
those huge discount could have fully marked up MF

1 Like

They confirmed buy rate MF with no add ons over email and still tried to add them in when the car landed?

Give them a bad review online and call Subaru atleast.

What a waste of time .

yes, that is correct !
Plus last two months MF was higher than the current months of January, its at 3.55% now RV also has dropped
Subaru rep called me and I told her the story she said if I willing to do courtesy delivery with my local dealer which I declined for now. I will wait for 2023 MY,VIP pricing is still valid and it’s transferable in the household

1 Like

Dealers don’t discriminate. They play games with James Smith too.

2 Likes

Yours is? wow, you must have the good one, mine was not transferable.

1 Like

So you say Transferable and that says NON transferable.
Lol

Edit : Household is a lot more than a spouse

My household might be different :smile:

maybe it’s non-transferable for the friends and far family .