Tip on Buying Out an Infiniti Lease

Hi! If you live in a state that requires dealer assistance to buy out your Infiniti Lease (I live in FL) consider contacting a Nissan Dealership in order to complete the transaction. After calling nearly all the Infiniti Dealerships near me (which charge well over 1k in “non negotiable” dealer doc fees and other fees etc. added onto the purchase price/taxes/tag & title fees) I reached out to a couple of Nissan Dealerships. They didn’t charge these fees, were able to process the purchase and I ended up saving $1500. The Nissan Dealership also allowed for up to 5k on a credit card (no extra fee) and figured I’d enjoy the extra points. I hope this helps someone.

2 Likes

Hunt around here and there are a few INFINITI brokers who will process the buy out remotely.

And it’s not just FL, INFINITI requires it in all states.

Actually sold 2 of Q50 to Nissan dealers here in NYC… equity check came in 2 weeks.

NY and FL very different, FL dealers paid for the law and they are milking it for all it’s got.

So the question is should I buy out my Infiniti lease, I have 4 months left on my lease but I want something else? I will have had it 39 months. Is it worth the turn in or keep?

Find out what it’s worth at Carmax, Carvana, GivemetheVIN.

Without those 3 values you can’t even start any considerations.

Order something else now. What are you looking for in your next vehcile?

Infinitis have rarely been worth their RV aka the buyout price at the end of the lease.

I called last week and Infiniti Finance extended my QX60 39/15 lease for three months - a month to month extension upto three additional months. The RV will not lower but not an issue if planning to return

Noted that I could get another 3 months if the 2022 QX60s are still constrained.

Personally I have been looking at the Porsche Panemera

So basicallly paying 3 months of rent to see where the market is then?

Yes, I am already over miles for the end of the 39/15 lease so the extension gives me another 3750 miles at the low current monthly lease charge.

The market has moved down a few thousand in just 2-3 weeks so at this point likely just handing in the keys with 52K+ miles in May or June.

I’m in the same boat. So you can’t purchase lease with finance directly through local credit union anymore?? I called IFS the other day and they gave me a payoff with no bs. I’m also thinking about calling to have my lease extended however I don’t see prices coming down on the 22 Infiniti QX60. Could you provide more insight on how the purchase went with Nissan VS Infiniti dealer? To be clear you were going to finance through local bank or dealer directly? I may try to purchase on finance and flip it at Carmax if offer is good. However I don’t think there in the business of losing money and letting me walk away with 3-5k. In a perfect situation I would like to walk away with money and get a new lease but in a careful world I might just buy it and wait this crazed market out.

@xenhacker @Abacus I’m in the same boat. So you can’t purchase lease with finance directly through local credit union anymore?? I called IFS the other day and they gave me a payoff with no bs. I’m also thinking about calling to have my lease extended however I don’t see prices coming down on the 22 Infiniti QX60. Could you provide more insight on how the purchase went with Nissan VS Infiniti dealer? To be clear you were going to finance through local bank or dealer directly? I may try to purchase on finance and flip it at Carmax if offer is good. However I don’t think there in the business of losing money and letting me walk away with 3-5k. In a perfect situation I would like to walk away with money and get a new lease but in a careful world I might just buy it and wait this crazed market out.

Autonation is from the only dealers that can buy your lease from Infiniti. Check them out, I used them and walked away with a nice few $.

My lease ending Soon and I wanted to buy my lease. Infiniti financial told me to go to their dealership. They given me $5000 in stupid fees. After researching I found out the you can go to your bank or credit union and my bank only charge me $92 in fees that all. And in 30 days I will buy it out with no penalties for $25k and change. So I save the $5000 in dealership fees. Was very easy transaction. My buyout was $25k the Infiniti dealership wanted me to pay $30k

Infiniti financial don’t tell me this option I find it on Google searching.
Go to your bank directly you will save $$$$$

2 Likes

Which state?

If you login to your infinitifinance.com account, on home page, you will see the option ‘Paypff Quote’. You can choose option of ‘dealer assisted’ or ‘financial institution’, get the amount and letter.

Depends on your home state, if FL for instance the financial institution option might be gone

Florida only shows dealer assisted in the drop down menu

I just got off an online chat with Infiniti financial and they are now allowing New York lease holders the option to buy out directly from Infiniti financial and not go through the dealership. My online account is one of those that only shows dealer assisted buy out option ( have to go to the dealership ), but they said they are now allowing direct buy outs for NY customers.

I guess all the negative press about dealerships charging thousands in buy out fees finally got Nissan / Infiniti corporate to act on behalf of the terrible customer experiences people were having.

If you live in another state that previously required you to go to a dealership to buy out the lease, i’d inquire with Infiniti about a direct buy out now.

1 Like