Thoughts on this 2020 Volvo XC90 Deal?

Did I get a good deal?

14% on a loaner xc90 is fairly low, depending on mileage. What other incentives were applied other than the first responder?

6000 miles. all said and done with all incentives and dealer discounts, it was 16% off MSRP and $569 per month and DAS $869 with 10 MSDs.

What incentives were applied? For a loaner with 6000 miles, a strong deal would have been more than 16% pre-incentive.

Also, there really isn’t a need to spam a bunch of other Volvo threads with your deal.

2 Likes

Well trying to be realistic with my experience to another buyer rather than a bunch of people having theories about what the pre-incentive discount should or should not be.

A loaner lease vs a new lease really makes no difference and 16.4% off MSRP is unseen so far anywhere in this forum…

Well that’s not true at all.

You’re balancing the loss of post sale rebates and mileage penalties with greater direct to dealer incentives. There have been many loaner deals on here for substantially more than 16.4% post-incentive. Hell, @Ursus was somewhere around 20% pre-incentive on his.

The entire purpose of this forum is for comparing and analyzing deals. Pre-incentive discounts, adjusted for buy rate is the most effective way to do that. That’s the point.

1 Like

Very true and I get that, but like the other poster said, we did not get hit with mileage penalties that everyone insisted on and our RV checks out at 61% for 12k miles on the contract…buy rate is .00163 currently and there was no mark up there either…

Also like you mentioned, it’s different every month.

Can you link me to @Ursus deal? I would like to see it. Thats a hell of a good job for 20% but was he hit on mileage because that will bring the % back down quickly…

There are some dealers that seem to write the contracts that way and just pull it out of the discount. What state are you in?

California.

Gotcha, so for comparison sake, if you were 16.4% off post-incentive, with the $1500 in 1st responder incentive and $2500 in lease cash/allowance available in CA, you were at 10% pre-incentive.

Factor in the mileage penalty that they appear to have not taken off the RV, and you’re at 12% pre-incentive.

Check your contract again for the $1,200 mileage penalty. It could have been added to the sales price if your RV $$ amount on the contract is in fact corresponds to the valid RV %

His numbers work out based on a 12% pre-incentive discount and then the mileage penalty added to the sales price, giving the final 10% pre-incentive shown.

Of course, given that, it would have been cheaper to just get a new one instead of a 6000 mile loaner, especially when you factor in the $500 bonus drive rebate, first two payments waived, and the cost of extra brake pad/tire wear.

We are guessing here, but there is no way around mileage penalty on a loaner

Yah, I have to assume it’s rolled into the fairly poor discount amount.