This is ridiculous

It’s a limited edition though, 53 of 70 :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Dealers are well within their rights to ask for whatever they want. You are also within your right to not pay it.

Just shop around for another R/T Scat Pack that’s heavily discounted. Does the car need to be a special edition? Doesn’t seem like there’s anything special about this car aside from Dodge saying there is.

3 Likes

Are those even real😳

I sure hope so. The platform’s been around for 15 years and the interior is terrible quality. Nothing really going for it aside from cheap horsepower. At least the engines are reliable.

8 Likes

That is the only thing going for it unfortunately. I was shopping for one recently and the discount is non-existent. Additionally the quality of the vehicle isn’t worth spending money on. But I can say that the seats are the best

1 Like

Check out Signed: 2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack - $43,380 MSRP $2250 DAS $334/mo @ 24mo Balloon

Inventory is low in most places so you’re probably going to either look over a wider area or wait until stock replenishes.

2 Likes

That’s a 50th anniversary edition.

Shop for a normal widebody scat pack.

@StingerTT there’s no heavily discounted for the scat packs or hellcats.

The margin between msrp to invoice is very very small and then invoice to holdback is small as well.

Scat packs are moving so fast that most want msrp or a few below msrp.

Hellcats are a different story, much harder to sell/lease a 70k car versus a 40k car. You can do well below invoice on a hellcat, not much hope for the scat pack guys though.

I would argue simplicity is the key, if I were to buy a performance car it would definitely not be an m5 or e63 their reliability is garbage. The hellcat platform is tried and true, simple engine with supercharger and very reliable transmission.

So yes cheap horsepower but do you really want to spend 120k on an m5/e63 when you can easily spend 80k on a charger wb and not have to worry about the endless expensive out of warranty problems they cost and keep the extra 40k or $500/mo in your pocket on a lease.

In terms of leasing a hellcat is still $700-800/mo wheras the m5 is a $1100-$1200/mo and the e63 is north of $1500

Bang for buck and presence goes to the hellcat, I love the way the m5 and e63 look but they don’t hold a candle to the charger in terms of stance and presence.

As far as the challenger goes there’s no competitors for the car, the camaro/mustang are track oriented pony cars, the corvette is attempting to compete with the supercars not only in performance but uncomfortability as well.

Just my 2 cents, they are great leases as you can get something powerful, affordable, and looks stunning, yeah it may be behind in terms of tech but at the end of the day it also sounds a heck of a lot better.

3 Likes

Scat Packs/Hellcats have been heavily discounted in the past, they will be in the future. FCA won’t stop making them until the regulations stop them. If I wanted a Scat Pack I’d just be patient.

1 Like

How about everyone buys/leases every car at MSRP instead?

1 Like

To quote gone with the wind…“askin aint gettin”

3 Likes

The only time they were discounted heavily was due to the overproduction in model year 2016.

Dodge overestimated demand because of low production 2015 and high demand for the new hellcat.

I’m not sure where you are finding heavily discounted, they maxed out that year at circa 10k off msrp with a sizable margin coming from rebates… i.e 4k in lease rebates/aged inventory

This is all relative to lease… you can get 7k power dollars + 4-5k off msrp… sometimes more and get 10-15k off sticker but they make it on the back end of a finance for most people anyway.

Dodge would be stupid to overproduce like 2016 model year, would I enjoy another sweet deal? Sure but it ain’t happening chief.

So again special circumstances, what’s the saying again? Lightning never strikes the same place twice"

That’s essentially what people are doing with widebody scat packs, dealers won’t budge below msrp and people keep buying them :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I didn’t follow it closely then, but they were discounted for quite a while. It doesn’t help Dodge to have dealers making $10k markup, FCA makes more money with more production. Again, it would be silly to pay more than sticker for a Dodge product as they have never purposefully restricted supply AFAIK. This current market condition will be corrected.

They just forgot to put a negative sign in front of the market adjustment. Dealer is not responsible for typographical errors.

6 Likes

Finance has had great discounts but fca dealerships hate leasing for some reason so they hardly discount the car nor does fca give power dollars.

Fca dealers are garbage, markups are terrible. I concur with you here.

I would like to see fca produce more as well for better lease deals but it’s kind of a niche market for a high performance rwd muscle car.

Always silly to pay more than sticker for a vehicle that’s not an exotic, specialty or limited production run. Telluride comes to mind as far as over msrp for a regular car goes.

Dodge products worth going over for sticker include the demon and now the durango hellcat ( not 10-15k over like the demon but maybe 1-3k over) as they are limited run productions.

Current market conditions will be corrected as stock goes up as others have noted as well.

2 Likes

That’s because not even an FCA dealership wants a used FCA vehicle.

5 Likes

Probably, or they want to charge some sucker 27% interest in a 60 month term.

3 Likes

That isn’t so bad, look at this subaru

2 Likes

That’s an s209. It’s an above market markup, but my buddy at an Iowa/Illinois Subaru dealer sold his I believe white s209 for well above sticker with a 5 figure markup.

Throw in a CA dealer and I’m not shocked.

1 Like

Look at those handsome bump stickers, doing their jobs!!

A LHs job is to run the other way when they see one. :no_good_man:t2:

1 Like

The question here is, would a bank even finance said vehicle with such a markup? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m almost certain they wouldn’t because it would exceed LTV