This is a terrible deal, right? Audi Q5 P+

, ,

You answered your own question. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Try using a broker. Climate is choppy now.

2 Likes

Thanks gents - I’m an existing customer and this includes a $1k credit for that. Makes me want to find a new brand. I’ll look into a broker.

1 Like

That makes the deal worse.

5 Likes

If it is Q5 you are after, the Q5e gets ev tax rebate of $6712. Q5e P start at $51,900 and up.

Thanks, lucas2497. I’d actually prefer a Q5e, but the dealer quoted me $835/month, including that federal rebate. Also seems like a terrible deal.

Talking to dealers is for finding someone to do your deal, not for asking the dealership how much they want you to pay.

You need to figure out what your deal is.

4 Likes

My target price is $685 with zero drive off. That would not be a screaming deal, but I am worried about inventory and the wife wants a bigger car.

This offer includes a $1k rebate for a safety recall on my A3. Can put down up to 10 MSD, which would lower the payment to $660/month.

Thoughts on the deal? Also, hadn’t considered a 42-month lease, but the dealer did to get closer to my target price. I’d prefer 36-months and assume I could get the same deal, but my price per month would then be $715 per the calculator.

Hard for me to feel excited about paying over $700 for a Q5, but not sure where supply will be when my lease is up in August. Appreciate any thoughts you guys and gals have.

42 months deal is so weird. Hopefully you can get registration money back and you might incur extra costs for tires and brakes etc.

My lease is also up in August. We’re going to extend it and roll the dice to see if deals get better close to year end.

Horrible time to lease. Good luck!

1 Like

What is your target price based on? This deal is for sure not good. 6.5% pre-incentive discount on a base Q5 is laughable, have you confirmed the MF?

I do agree that the deal could be better, but it might be a tall order for OP to even get close to a double digit discount in this market.

@dueonsaleclause - A couple of suggestions:

1. Focus on the pre-incentive discount off MSRP.
  2. Reach out to more dealers if you can.
  3. Have you checked out broker deals close to you? What pre-incentive discount are they offering?
1 Like

Target is based on discussions I have had with the three in-state dealers. Ive been going at this for weeks - one dealer firm at 3% off msrp, other at 6%, current offer up to 6.5%. I agree that it’s not really a good deal, but the leasing market is terrible right now.

Thanks for your reply. Pre-incentive discount is 6.5%. Another dealer in town told me best they could do was 6% and claimed that was 1% above invoice. They don’t seem to have a problem selling cars for 2-4% off msrp and inventory is definitely going down.

Have you verified rv/mf/incentives? Have you put together a target deal on a q5e to compare?

I have verified that information. Q5e is about $100 more per month even with the federal rebate as no one in town is willing to offer any meaningful discount (there’s only 1-2 in stock).

The market is certainly tough, but you should not base your target deal off what 3 local dealers want you to pay.

4 Likes

So go out of town

4 Likes

If you look around here you could be driving an SQ5 for the same if not less

In today’s market?

1 Like