This deal looks awful - 2020 Lincoln Aviator Reserve 2wd

What are your thoughts here?

Just got this quote on a previous year model 2020 Lincoln Aviator…is it worth responding back to the dealer on this one?

How many rounds of negotiations at this dealer? Has MF and residual been verified?

Edit: btw this is hell no my book

1 Like

Worth responding with a bunch of laughing emojis, perhaps :rofl:

Nearly $1k/mo for an Aviator sounds bonkers to me.

There is almost $1500 worth of BS added in by the dealer (appearance, dent, window tint). Get rid of that. Why is dealer fee $800? Is that normal in your area?

Double check MF and Residual values on edmunds and calculate things yourself to double check.

Shop around if possible for greater discount off of MSRP. It’s 2020 model after all.

1 Like

Everything you said, and confirm the MSRP of this vehicle. The sheet says “Vehicle Price” which may not be MSRP.

Mine too. And I get it’s FL, but who wants a $60k suv that is 2WD? :no_good_man:t2::x::x::x:

I’m shocked an AutoNation dealer would give such an awful quote…:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

The aviator leases horribly.

54% residual and a 1.9% apr (forgot what mf is but lincoln and ford use apr)

Are you married to the vehicle?

That’s essentially the going rate, maybe not this high but it’s $850-$1k/mo to lease one.

FYI: The “Reserve” trim is intended to sound fancy, as is the next Black Label. In reality they are just second and third from the bottom

It’s RWD, not FWD.

Nah not married, looking at several others, but a quote like this is not far off an X7 quote I got.

If you ask for a quote, this is what you’ll get 99% of the time.

Search/read the forum for how everyone here approaches the dealer and negotiates on their own terms.

Some AutoNation dealers can be competitive…

Others not so much.

Not on the first pencil and they always seem to have bs add ons

1 Like

Why don’t you start with a broker and see what the reasonable numbers look like at the moment?

Conveniently enough, looks like someone already asked for this truck on Edmunds, with a FL zip code, and here it is:

1.87% APR
54% residual
$750 lease cash

According to the Lincoln site lease estimator, there’s an additional $900 lease rebate, and elsewhere on Edmunds, it shows $1,000 conquest/loyalty, for a total of $2,650 in FL.

No idea what an excellent selling price is for Aviator in your market, but apparently Aviator Reserve invoice is 5.5% below MSRP. Here’s the deal at invoice with the insane $799 dealer doc fee profit that seems common in FL:

I’d check Aviator-specific enthusiast forums, dealer loss leader ads, and Edmunds/CarGurus/TrueCar “market” prices to get a better sense of what selling price to target.

2 Likes

I would look for reserve II or reserve I with convenience package/luxury package, well worth it.