Think this is close to the best I can do on an EV9 but wanted to check for CALIFORNIA

Yes I know EV9s are not great leases, but I have some specific things I’m looking for that it just fits the bill the best. I think I’ve pushed the dealer almost to as far as they can go (for now) but wanted to check as there are a few fees in there I don’t understand (and might be california specific).

GT Line

MSRP 78,925
Disposition Fee 400
Buyout Option Fee 300 - IS THIS LEGIT
Initial Cap Cost 78,888 - guess they figured I’m asian so they took off another 43 bucks
Bank Acq Fee 650
Accessories 695 - I am getting this taken out (lojack)
Rebate 7500 - current incentive
Adj Cap Cost 72,343
Cash Cap Reduction 389 - I don’t know what this is
Total Cap Reduction 7,889
MF - .00241 - this is the current rate
Residual 45,776 - current residual
License fee 858 - IS THIS LEGIT
Doc and wear care 85 - IS THIS LEGIT
Elec DMV fee 33 - IS THIS LEGIT

Total cost is 1,119 after taxes, will be 1,096 if i take out the lojack and the buyout

Season 2 Wow GIF by Paramount+

You would have to explain what they think this mean…I have a guess but it’s not a standard convention.

$37? Lots of lucky 8s in that minuscule discount

season 3 japanese GIF

If they already installed it and it’s spliced-in (not OBD harness) I personally wouldn’t take that particular car.

All legal: CA doc fee is capped at $85, license fee is registration

Did you plug all this into a calculator to see if it adds up to the same payment?

1 Like

yup the calculator works. I was just only expecting acquisition fee and disposition fee (given that’s what the calculator defaults to) and wasn’t sure about the 300 buyout and all the CA registration/elec/doc and wear fees.

Why wouldn’t you take the car if it had lojack? I was just going to get the fee taken not…dont think they are actually going to take whatever it is out.

Plenty of CA signed deals here to compare to, if you search Shared Deals.

It doesn’t come from the factory with lojack, it’s installed at the dealer by a third party. One of the installation method splices into existing wiring. There is no scenario where I’d pay $40k to rent a Kia where a bro who still smelled like last night’s hard seltzer spliced into the factory wiring.

All assuming I would sign this deal, which I wouldn’t. But the heart wants what it wants.

1 Like

1,119/ month to lease a Kia?

World truly has gone made!

2 Likes

KIA headquarter is renovating CEO office. LOL

Post your calc for review.

No, you cannot say that. You are causing real harm here. You are harming everyone on the selling side.

Think of the poor dealer. How can he put a roof over his kids’s heads without this deal? Put food on their plate? Will they have shoes this winter, let alone coats, unless someone pays $1,000+ a month for a Kia EV?

Oh, the humanity.

seinfeld newman GIF

1 Like

So they’re basically selling this at MSRP with some fees baked in.

I wouldn’t even bother plugging this into the calculator. This isn’t even a reasonable starting point to begin negotiating.

Look at some other dealers and plug quotes into the calculator. Do some research to figure out what % discount you should be aiming for, and what a reasonable monthly is for this vehicle. Maybe I’m the crazy one but I can’t imagine a Kia should be selling at MSRP right now.

1 Like

Luckily Superbenj doesn’t go into every single thread on this forum to tell folks about how stupid it is to lease.

You on the other hand go into as many threads as you can to tell people how leasing
ICE is a bad idea.

If you want an EV with three rows of seating your choices are Teslas, this or the EQS, and the Volvo EX90 if they ever actually release it.

1 Like

This Kia leases better than a Tahoe. It’s also faster and cheaper to operate. It’s not an EV thing, it’s a segment thing. Why isn’t GM taking heat? Because we have accepted the premium for a GM 3-row SUV.

2 Likes

exactly. and i already have on tesla and don’t want an EQS (although I know its effectively cheaper on a monthly basis)

@Jrouleau426 has some discounted ones, though they might not be that close to Cali.

1 Like

maybe we should close this thread down. got the answer i’m looking for and rest is just flaming on KIAs. As a model X owner I’d rather get (or try) this EV9 at this price and I’ve done all my research prior.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, max_g will continue to speak ill and mock anyone who leases an EV9, EX90, Tahoe, or XT6, or Highlander, or TX, or GLE, or A7, or pretty much anything. Because in his eyes leasing doesn’t build equity.

Since we don’t really have accurate resale values on evs leasing seems like the smart play. Look what happened to people that bought Tesla. I’m seeing some insane neg equity. At least with a lease you can throw the keys back.

2 Likes

This site has a flame-problem precipitated by max_g and other regulars. They frequently go into threads like yours and tell people how dumb it is to lease. Which is nuts considering this is a site meant for discussing leases.

Look at this thread. The poster was literally thinking he’d get flamed even when me made a post. Basically LH’s mantra is to flame people for wanting to be in a lease.

Regardless of this aggressively flame-bait culture honed by max_g… I think the EV9 is worth leasing. If you take a moderate viewpoint of the feedback, the car is pretty good, but it’s probably overpriced due to how fresh it is. Naturally waiting may not be in the cards for you.

1 Like

I completely agree with you, I think leasing an EV is the way to go. I advise people this as well outside of LH.

But that doesn’t mean the only cars worth leasing are EVs. ICE may not lease as well as EV but there are some good ICE deals raised for discussion on this site that get immediately shut down because users are often flamed for discussing ICE leases.

Some people like the freshness of new rides every 3 years. Leasing is for them even if it costs a more today than it did 3 years ago. But if you listen to the LH mantra of the “trusted” clique, leasing ICE is dumb-as-rocks behavior right now.

And resale values in 3 years aren’t going to be the same as they were the last couple years. If people had a crystal ball no one would have leased. But none of us were ever getting equity before…

There will be a return to norm where cars again depreciate 50% over 4 years. I can’t wait as this market is still insane

2 Likes