The kind of buyers dealerships like (slightly bizarre reddit poster)

This particular reddit user is absolutely perplexed on how dealerships manage to make money when they’re selling the car $1K below msrp… must be the ideal kind of buyer you can wish for if you were a salesperson.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askcarsales/comments/pkcr6j/i_cant_wrap_my_brain_around_how_this_dealership/

6 Likes

No judgement, I just dont get how a place like this stays in business especially with very very little inventory.

The same way that almost every new car dealership stays in business: Parts & Service :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Blockquote They have a bunch of “no sharks” signs all over the dealership saying that none of their sales staff is commissioned…is that the difference?

Yeap, no sharks, just your average friendly killer whales.

3 Likes

No idea why they’re giving away a highlander for $1k below sticker in this market. Maybe the marked the crap out of the rate in the finance office. Toyota cut production again.

3 Likes

OP did not give monthly, or down payment, or any other financial stats. Plenty of ways to skin a cat for the dealership if their only looking at discount off MSRP.

Probably because of the significant mf mark up they’re hiding or the $2000 permaplate or the triple redundant vin etching

And the finance office too. I learned this in 2011 while helping my parents negotiate a deal on a New Cayenne. I asked the sales guy what kind of car he drove. “An Acura CL.” I asked the finance manager what kind of car he drove. “The dealership gives me a DEMO car to drive. Right now its that gorgeous 911 Turbo Cabriolet.”

1 Like

Or Simonized the sh!t out of it.

Holy…is that still a thing!?! LOL

Everything is a thing if you find an idiot willing to pay for it.

1 Like

I just recall that term from the late 70’s…that flashback’s been a looong time coming.