The junkiest UAW junk is GM junk

Precisely. Other than trucks, anything made by UAW is junk. And the junkiest UAW junk is GM junk. I will never understand why anyone buys it. Each to their own.

Well, I’ve been pleased with the assembly quality of my UAW cars but you do you. I would LOVE to know how you think the UAW manages to assemble good trucks but nothing else, though.

1 Like

They’re still shit compared to a Tundra or a Tacoma. But relatively speaking they’re less shitty than a Malibu or whatever other junk GM still sells these days.

Trucks are GM’s tallest midgets.

How is gm still alive?

I honestly don’t know. Other than rental cars and police departments who buys a GM? I guess rental cars and police cruisers is enough to keep the company afloat.

Next time you go for a drive count every car coming the other way made by GM.

1 Like

Government Motors :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Surprisingly high in rural New England.

1 Like

How many of those cars are ex fleet or fleet?
GM survives on fleet sales and not much else.

On my block there is 1 GM. Out of 10 houses.

i love GM V8s and their reliability but I agree the quality has been nothing but downhill since 2008; buddy’s denali 23 the carpet has so much wear and tear for 17k miles, paint chipping off - terrible paint has been GM attribute for years. This guy doesn’t even abuse his truck. So far i have seen F-150 built good enough but panel misalignment on every truck on the lot.

Idk how toyota consistently pushes out perfect vehicles even tho they aren’t exciting (which has been not true for last couple years)

Uhhh….maybe because they don’t. A quick check of online forums and YouTube show Toyota has had several quality issues with newly released models over the last few years.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say my Mexican built Tacoma was flawless, this is leasehackr not qualityhackr, we care about cheap payments, not who built it.

1 Like

Nothing’s perfect. But Toyota is by far the best quality manufacturer. All you have to do is look at resale value for a Tacoma vs a GM trucks. There’s a reason for that.

Toyota and and Lexus are 1 and 2. uAW junk isn’t anywhere in the top 10.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/who-makes-the-most-reliable-cars-a7824554938/

Consumer Reports though……

1 Like

I lost all respect for consumer reports when they went from loving the 2010 Lexus RX’s mouse controller to hating it a year later. Talk about two faced.

A lot of the “difficult controls” they bemoan and bitch about may be difficult for my 89 year old grandmother, but aren’t difficult for others. Hell even she is fine with the controls in her Volvo XC40. She just uses “hey Google” for literally everything and loves it.

All the rankings say basically the same. And yes none of the methodology is perfect. A lot of subjective stuff like voice control stuff mentioned above But when they all say Toyota good and GM bad you kinda start seeing patterns.

I think you need some data to back this point up.

A 2023 4Runner SR5 had an MSRP starting at $42K. Here is the MMR (18% depreciation)

A 2023 Tahoe LT had an MSRP starting at $59K. Here is the MMR. (7% depreciation)

What Toyota is very good at is marketing…

3 Likes

And dont forget overseas sales, specially middle east. Almost all security forces in middle east.

1 Like

I don’t know what this means.

Didnt the 4 runner get a redesign just now though? Plus i think we are still dealing with inflated mmr on many toyota models compared to all other non Toyota models.
Check Sienna vs Pacifica (i know not GM but still UAW)
But even precovid, you could and even now try, corolla vs cruise, malibu vs camry.

Unions are good for workers in some extent yes. But when they take things to the point of exotortion just because profits of company went high, it doesnt make sense.

What just happened lol.