The German Living Experience

It’s between a GTI and GOlf R. There is a Cupra R that is more like a Golf R, with a wee bit more power.

I found good examples for about 21k euros. More than I wanted to spend, but you only live one.

1 Like

A great choice! In 2012 I bought an 2006 Cupra that I picked up for the equivalent of just under $1,000 as a last minute Ebay buy. I’d just missed out on a VW Polo GTI so bid and ended up winning it. Oops - It felt so fast despite *cough 180bhp

But easily one of the best cars I’ve owned. Sold it for the exact amount I paid for it too! (oh maaan I miss good cheap cars in the UK!)

1 Like

WAT??? Are you missing a significant digit, or did you really pick up for under $1000???

£749.99!

(it was the 99p that won it for me!)

In fairness, it had somehow amassed 168,000 miles in it’s youngish life so I’m sure that was putting off a few people but whenever I bought a cheap used beater I never spent more than £1,000 and had some really interesting cars. It’s just not the same in the US. $1,000 gets you a 20yo Corolla that may or may not have been on fire at some point.