The Credit Thread

I think CCAP used Experien to get your score.
Check Experien for your latest score. If this your first lease or finance then that will play into getting Tier 1 or 2.

Thanks for this.
Yes, it is my first lease/finance.
The credit usage after this month’s (March) statements would be down to $10k. I can make a few more payments to make it go lower but that wouldn’t be posted until the next statement (start of April). I am expecting my jeep to be delivered in the next week or two.

But isn’t that a very unreasonably large decrease in credit score? direct 56 points down when I only have 2 accounts opened in the past 2 years?

I’ll stay optimistic for now. I guess if needed, I’ll also get a co-signer.

If these are FICO v8 scores: no it’s not an unreasonable drop. In a month you have a hard pull, a new trade line which is probably close to it’s utilization ($2500 on how much credit on that account), with only a 6 year old bureau. You weren’t a brick to begin with, and it will settle out in 60-90 days — unfortunate timing.

Are you working through a broker? CCAP has always bought deep, but I don’t know how lenient they are right now.

1 Like

What score model is this, and what score model will be used to decision and price your lease application?

1 Like

This might also help

CCAP loves them some risky paper.

2 Likes

I read every exclamation point as the slow, gradual decline from excited to desperate, with the “Send us all of your applications”! being the crescendo of the desperation.

1 Like

lol. When ever subprime hits the fan, the tow companies and impound years will be busy!

It’s Santander… risky paper is their business model.

3 Likes

Screenshot from 2022-03-04 09-57-21

Screenshot from 2022-03-04 09-57-03

Both Experian and TransUnion showing a large decrease in credit scores.

From my search, people seem to say that CCAP uses Experian Auto Enhanced Score 8

So your Vantage 3.0 scores are irrelevant, which is almost always the case no matter what type of credit you are seeking. These scores are pretty much worthless.

If you absolutely need to know your Auto-Enhanced FICO 8s, you can purchase them along with a bundle of other scores from either myFICO or Credit dot com.

Make sure you choose the product/package that includes the specific model you need.

I don’t know where you can just buy a standalone AE FICO 8.

3 Likes

I believe he said he hasn’t had an auto loan or lease before which I believe plays a large part in CCAPs decision making

Pushing :parking:, but not the good kind.

2 Likes

Coming to a BHPH lot near you.

Which credit cards do you have? Depending on the issuer you can request a credit line increase with no hard pull which would bring down your credit utilization.

Also

My scores have always been way higher than what vantage 3.0 says

I wouldn’t worry if I were you

The raise/run of my Vantage scores are drastically different when they move. it’s like comparing oranges :tangerine: to orange soda.

3 Likes

I have Chase, Bank of America, USbank, and Wellsfargo.
I was able to increase the credit limit by 6k on one of them. Didn’t try the rest.

Chase will update your credit card balance with the credit bureaus mid-cycle if you pay the balance down to $0.

… in case you’ve obtained your Auto-Enhanced FICO 8s and determined that you need to game the system a little bit. :slight_smile:

The other cards update balances as follows:

Wells Fargo - after your next statement cycle
US Bank - as of the end of each month (regardless of statement cycle)

Not sure if a limit change will force an early update on any of these.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I have paid off my Bank of America, USBank, and Chase down to zero. Only WellsFargo left and an additional $2.5k with Samsung. Hopefully, it updates my score a bit.
I am reluctant to pay off WellsFargo cause I am on a 0% APR there and would prefer to pay it later.
Fingers crossed. Who knows, maybe the jeep would remain stuck in the shipping stage long enough for the credit to bounce back up. It has already been 3 weeks in the shipping stage and has been delayed 1 week from the original ETA. :rofl:

Having one revolving account with a modest balance is better than no revolving accounts with balances anyway. It’s actually ideal (as far as FICO is concerned). :slight_smile: