The Credit Thread

I’m actually glad you brought this up, since I was thinking of making a comment before posting those screenshots but then later forgot. Please only use tools like CK for high-level metrics or general trending.

CK and others can be decent aids if used to help you look at the overall reports and remarks, etc., but as you noted, the actual numbers need to come from FICO to be worth anything, so the Experian app (or even some CC issuers these days) are the better places to get figures that actually carry any weight.

Unfortunately, the Experian app doesn’t have pretty graphs to illustrate the point that I was trying to make. :frowning:

1 Like

My number is actually from Chase Credit Journey and my TurboTax account, both using as source TransUnion. However, thanks everyone for the inputs, I’ll call Equifax tomorrow and try to cancel the dispute if they allow it. :slight_smile: you made me feel much better!

Chase Credit Journey and the Intuit products also provide a useless Vantage Score.

4 Likes

Good to know thanks!

You had to do huh haha…you gave @trism what he wanted. Since the inception of this thread he has been dieing to post his credit score. I am actually shocked it took this long…now onto the “ Banking Thread” were he can justifiably post All that “ Trunk Cash”.

4 Likes

You need to thank @Ronaldo7 for that. I know I have.

2 Likes

Not even a perfect score such a shame lol

Been there, done that.

The demo chart? Come on your better then that

1 Like

That’s from my myFICO account the last time I was at 3 x 850 on FICO 8.

Here is the current Experian FICO 9 from my Wells Fargo account.

And here is my current Equifax FICO 9 from my PenFed account.

I’m not sure where to get a TransUnion FICO 9. :-1:

1 Like

Favorite part about these are the dates…tells so many stories I’m not sure where to begin…

Hahaha you’re welcome!! P.S. No worries I won’t mention our secret agreement of me bringing this up…oooops hold on …

1 Like

This is obviously totally made up and BS unless you provide us with your full credit report with visible SSN.

11 Likes

Also how do you only have an 840?! I just checked mine and it’s 900. Here’s proof:

16 Likes

Haha, yeah but your battery is only 6%… I’d rather have my battery at full charge and score in 700’s :sunglasses:

1 Like

I think CK and some banks Vantage is bull… TransUnion gives me FICO 8 at 722, Experian is FICO 705, The Vantage BS is in the mid to low 600’s, they probably want us to sign up for some of their crappy loan offers SOLD on the website… I haven’t seen the FICO 9 used at any of my accounts yet…Seen a FICO 2.
I don’t have any mortgages etc but 25+ Credit Cards, Few Car loans/leases, Never missed a payment… hopefully will improve the scores before my next lease-have been paying down some of the higher balances caused by COVID/unemployment

What’s are your second and third favorite parts?

Well since you asked…

1. would be the fact that you save fico score pics in your phone.

2. You check it enough to catch it at 850, leading back to #2 where you then screen shot and save for god knows why.

3 x 850 is novel so I grabbed a screenshot.

The other two were freshly grabbed from yesterday for this thread.

None of those is from my phone.

1 Like

I was planning to transfer a lease from somebody else last month. However, I got rejected by BMWFS. My credit history is about 2.1 years. I have 5 credit card with decent amount of credit limit. The report from BMWFS also shows I have a score of 750+. The scores from other two bureaus are ~770 in their official app. My salary should not be a problem to lease a car.

Two general reasons are listed, 1. too many hard pulls in last 12 months (not sure if 2 hard pulls can be considered as “too many”), 2. no installed auto loan (I didn’t get a chance to start one, so I want to start one now).

However, no specific decline reason is listed, and I have to write to them in order to get the specific reason. I guess even if I write to them, the reasons given will still be very vague, but I’ll give them a try.

Now I plan to sign a new contract from the beginning. Not sure I’ll get rejected again. So just want to ask hackrs what could the potential reasons and should I just wait? Can I get approved if I apply at dealer? Anything I should be aware of when I apply again?

Some other infos: I’m on F-1 now but got H1-B approved. H1-B will be effective on 10/1. However, when I applied the assumption online, I only filled in “I’m not a permanent resident” and “my current visa will expire on 07/22”, so BMWFS should not know my current visa status (at least doesn’t distinguish F-1 and H1-B). The lease I planned to transfer has 27 months remaining.