The Carolina Squat may be banned in NC

How is this a thing?

Versus lowering the car so much that you can’t clear driveways?
It’s just a thing…a silly looking thing.

Must be short session day in NC or one of the lawmakers has a neighbor who he’s pissed off at.

1 Like

4 Likes

I think it goes a little deeper than that. When you lift the nose of the car two things happen: you decrease outward visibility and you raise the center of gravity. The law has some safety basis aside from preventing drivers from making their vehicles look like they’re carrying baby hippopotamuses in the back.

2 Likes

HA! Was that an intentional pun on the squatting issue? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bring on the hate, but I wish we were more like Germany in what we allow on the roads. I don’t appreciate jacked up brodozers with winches or front steel beams aimed at my head in a side collision. Or cars which are obviously falling apart.

2 Likes

guess they never been to CA where everything goes.

I live in NC and yes, unfortunately, it’s a thing. Half a lift kit installed just in the front. Not a small 2 or 3 inch lift kit either like near a foot. Has to be damn near impossible to see anything over the hood for 100’.

It’s the reverse of the red neck jack. That was muscle cars all jacked up in the back with slicks and skinny shorties in the front. That at least had some physics behind it to put the power down and not pop wheelies.

This new look is pure jackassery.

1 Like

Nah we’ll take all of the freedom with none of the responsibility

2 Likes

Wait till they see that thing where the wheels angle out. I am not an engineer but that just looks like it’s going to not end well.

Too many people aren’t smart enough to realize how dumb they look.

4 Likes

Tuck a dollar bill under the wiper along with a note: “Just a little help in getting your lift finished.”

1 Like

I was today years old when I learned one truth

3 Likes

Towed? Most likely repossessed knowing the credit criminals that drive lifted duramaxes when I was in school.

WhistlinDiesel on Youtube has a great destruction video series of a squatted chevy, you’ll love it.

I don’t see why the stink it is still legal to a degree 3inch lift in the front and 2 inch drop in the back still looks like a shyting dog to me and is the same issue as before with headlights. Also I saw one comment about lifted vehicles and winches aimed for heads in an accident it is still possible with the front end raised! What happened to the mopar look with the front lower than the back?
Another thing if vehicles were designed to be squatted wouldn’t it be done from the factory? I’m no master mechanic but I’ve never seen a dog shyting squatted vehicle come from the factory motors and transmissions are not designed for that crap

seriously? what a dumb thing to have to ban via law.