The best of CL, forums and other private party used car sites

Won’t expect this to last long

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/d/belmont-1999-toyota-corolla-ve-sedan-4d/7463954267.html

Does that say Corolla V8?

VE (that’s the trim)

1 Like

And it’s gone.

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/middletown-2007-acura-tl/7460161285.html

It’s not terrible, 215k miles but only 3k for a running and driving clean title Acura. Need to make sure it’ll pass PA inspection, but not bad.

fellow wagon nerd? there’s an RS6 Avant I see all the time

3 Likes

Darn. If that had sport seats, I’d be all over it.

ZSP E91s are so rare I’d almost say you’d have to buy one without and swap them out.

I miss my 3G TL Type S, this could be a good project to build out

I do love wagons but I’ve never particularly desired the super fast ones. I’d rather have a 6-cylinder diesel

E63 wagon was a dream of mine, but owning an ML63 for a short time has cured me of that. I’ll go back to dreaming of a Panamera.

3 Likes

The M3 touring has me drooling, but feels a bit much.

I’d love an M340 touring in the U.S - would be fast enough and could do like 600 HP with some bolt-ons but can still be a reasonable DD.

I’ve seen a couple cars that were priced low enough to not do any maintenance except oil changes (and tires if you’re going to continue driving in snow)

And just let it die when it dies. And then sell it for junk or parts value.

Like a Mazda3 MT with 240k miles. Felt like an honest ad based on the stuff he disclosed. There were some non-drivetrain issues

At $1,300 I don’t see how you could go wrong driving it until the engine died.

Ofc it was gone in less than a day.

For some reason, I’ve been on a kick for a while now trying to track down a good JDM vehicle to import. I have zero clue all that is involved, but a couple of sites give you pricing that includes delivery to your US port of choice.

1 Like

What would you get?

A few things have come up. Was stuck on a Land Cruiser Prado or even Pajero for quite a while. But was thinking it would be far cooler to get something that really stands out from US-market stuff. I like the RVR with Evo drivetrain, but then someone auctioned one on C&B and didn’t get too much for it. Discovered the Nissan Rnessa with SR20DET recently. That’s pretty cool. Unfortunately, the one I reached out about was built in Nov '97 so it is not yet permitted in the country. Something super funky and cheap is the Nissan Rasheen. Downside is they never (AFAIK) made one with a hot engine. There is so much better stuff in Europe, but importing from there, from what I know thus far, is much more difficult and kind of “you are on your own” situation.

Only thing I hate about RHD (I don’t even mind shifting with my left hand) is the bizarro turn signals and wipers.

Annoys tf out of me

2 Likes

Talk to Duncan Imports in Virginia, my friend helped start it and they provide good service.

Fast wagons are the best, Volvo T5 would be a fun car to restore and mod

Yup. I peruse their inventory regularly, as well as japaneseclassics.com, but want to see if I can do it myself and save some bucks. We are hackrs here, after all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes