The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

It’s really just luck of the draw and what time of day you call in. Good luck!

Can you send me a link for their site?

https://www.campbellcu.org/about-us/rates/

Don’t think the rates are correct…?
Loan Rates Effective 08/01/2022

Good point!

I called a week ago and they said you need to be in their state for the ACC membership but it sounded like the person was clueless so i don’t know how accurate that is.

1 Like

They were pretty good when I used them. It was a little slow processing the docs, but not horrible. I noted in the web chat that I was running out of time before my lease was up, and they got everything done in a day. They sent in the paperwork to buy out the car, the check, etc., and I had the title in a week. They even gave me a choice to start payments in December or January. It was a $1.50 difference, so I obviously chose January.

Yep called this morning and got in after one minute!

Submitted my application to Interior FCU for a 23 Bolt, approved within 12 hours,

They accidentally marked it as a used car and gave me 4.25% for 84 months, which is not bad at all.

I highlighted the concern and they changed it to a new car and 3.75% APR for 84 months

Good evening All,
Does anyone know the market average interest rate for leasing?

thank you

Welcome to LH! Leasing uses something called a money factor, which is like an interest rate, but it varies widely by make, model and sometimes trim. And different leasing companies can offer different MFs from one another on the same car.

And the MF can be subsidized by the manufacturer, which is just another form of incentive to bring down the cost of a lease (like a rebate).

That’s the long way of saying that there really isn’t a prevailing rate to use for leases. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

I received a quote for MF 0.00214 for Subaru Forester- wilderness trim, 36 month, 10k (New York City area)

Fico score of 772

I feel the MF might be too high but I don’t know where to compare.

Check the Edmunds forums, they can give you the correct residual and MF.

Every lessor / captive bank sets a base rate for their mf. Most then allow a dealer to mark up from the base rate for additional profit. While it’s great that you have a high credit score, it doesn’t preclude a dealer from marking it up.

As mentioned you would want to check the Edmunds forum and make a post for accurate info. A quick glance looks like base rate should be .00160.

Thank you all again for the information.
Going to negotiate with the dealer on the MF… :crossed_fingers:

Just a reminder that you can only negotiate MF down to the base, not below that!

Well this is fustrating, after waiting for 5 days, I got the following message from FedChoice: Can you please submit the Retail Installment Sale Contract again with no rate listed. We cannot accept this document with a rate listed.

The finance manager at my dealer had said that they cannot leave this section blank, is this correct?

Props to Affinity Federal Credit Union.

I applied the day before Fed rates went up. The next day they upped their rates also (not surprised). Took about a week for approval or so and they honored the rate I applied with, but wasn’t approved till after and even on their website as with most lenders, its the rate at time of approval.

4.11% for 84 months. I will never keep it for more than 2 years but it keeps the monthly down. Feel like 4.11 for 84 months is robbery at this point in time.

2 Likes

Interior FCU just closed out on a loan for a lease buyout for me here in CA.

Term: 84 months at 4% w/ relationship discount. Could have gotten 60 months @ 3.5% or 72 months at 3.75%.

2 Likes

Tower Federal has been great. Car came in on 13th of October. Bought car through VW credit. Joined & locked in 2.99 72 Months. Refinanced & Closed 11/4. No issues.

They are an absolute horror show.