The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

Provided someone actually answers the phone (DCU’s loan department hold times were 2-4 hours), phone-only processing isn’t an absolute deal killer if I’m getting a great rate.

What I resent is the illusion of having technology when there’s absolutely nothing behind it.

1 Like

This is basically my experience with Federal Choice. I experienced one hour wait times and then a loan officer who seemingly was helpful to me, her extension doesn’t connect. I would speak /provider her documents at 11am and beg for a response and would never get one back.

And yes, I did try over the phone…lol.

1 Like

Are you sure you are calling the loan department and not the general customer service? I only ask this because I never had to wait that long to talk to
someone.

Yep, I would dial one for new loan/pending loans or two for existing loans depending on my mood. I’d call and then be number 5 in line and it’s a one hour wait.

Anyways - I am moving on, giving them another shot when I try to refinance with them.

Had a similar experience and ended up downloading their app and chatting with a rep. That made all the difference. Just waiting for HFS to say they received the payoff now.

1 Like

Now that my car arrived at my dealer, I went to the loan status portal at the FedChoice site and my loan is not even showing up (this is where documents were suppose to be uploaded).

I checked my approval email and the link that is supposed to take me to my application: meridian link.com is broken.

I applied mid October so my application should be active, I even got an email reminder about a week ago to finalize my loan.

For those of you that have completed this process, can I still pick up my car and submit the purchase agreement along with other documents on Monday once I am able to reach FedChoice?

I just recently went through the process with FedChoice. Once my vehicle arrived at the dealership, I was able to get a signed copy of the purchase order. I then uploaded it to the portal and immediately called FedChoice. I finalized everything over the phone and picked up the check from the main branch that day. Only reason I used a check is because the dealership refused to accept a wire from FedChoice.

Mine refused a check from FedChoice and it had to be a wire lol

Dealers can be so anal about things like that. Some even insist on pulling your credit in lieu of an OFAC check. I asked my dealer about what they want the check written out to and the sales manager was okay with it. Hopefully, finance doesn’t play games with it.

I don’t know if anything has changed with FedChoice but I uploaded/emailed my documentation and just called in and was told that they will follow up with me in 1-2 days. I asked if they can expedite and take care of it today since I signed the purchase agreement on Friday and was given 7 days to payoff the balance and they said no that they are swamped with loans that they have to process.

Submitted to FedChoice on 11/4, submitted all required documents the next day and show instant approval on 11/7. No information on interest rate. Radio silence since then.

I will be calling them today to see what is going on, because my brother submitted a few days later than I did and not only got his approval but also an interest rate.

I’m in the same position here. I was pre-approved, then uploaded all documents 11/5. Called them 3 times last week to confirm and kept getting “same day”/“1-2 days” feedback either through phone or chat but radio silence otherwise. Crossing fingers…

Been on hold for 45 mins, still waiting…

After 1.5 hours finally spoke with someone. They advised they would be pushing it through to the lending dept, reviewed all my docs and everything is good. Confirmed my used car rate will be 4.24%. Stated I should be hearing today or tomorrow.

which number did you call? I called one, waited for more than 1hr, and then ended up in voice mail

301-699-6100 and then the option for loan status

let me try it again. Thank you. I am in similar situation yours.

I am at an hour and thirty now….just have to see why they moved my loan to pending when they told me they wouldn’t be able to process it. Ugh.

Edit 1 - At 1:52 now.
Edit 2 - At 2:33 and they will probably close in 20 minutes. Lol.

I called 301-699-6151, and then I think I pressed 5 and 1 … was on hold for 32 minutes and got through to “C” customer service (the same one that always answers no matter you end up dialing). I called in at 2:40p today.

Thx for the tip…I believe I was pressing One which is for the loan dept. I will try Five / One tomorrow. One worked well for me previously.

Anyone had any luck with Campbell CU, their rates seem to be the best out there, especially for a used loan. I am in CA and it seem to have to join the ACC in order to become a member, if anyone has any experience with them, feedback would be gratefully received!

1 Like