The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

Nassau is your best bet, rates updated tbis last week.

Edit: shucks Harry beat me to it.

1 Like

I actually beat you both.

1 Like

Damn time zones shakes fist

Just wanted to confirm the fedChoice 1% for new members. I saw on here they actually lock rates for 60 days, correct? On their site it mentions “1% off for new members within 30 days” “ Application and disbursal for Auto Loan must be made within the first 30 days of membership. ”

Wondering because my plan was to apply today before potential rate increase tomorrow, but my loan most likely won’t be disbursed within 30 days. Currently waiting for production of new vehicle so probably won’t be ready for delivery to me until beginning of November :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

You would have to have member approval and loan app approval today. That wouldn’t be happening unfortunately.

If he gets insta-approved rates locked right away

1 Like

That’s what I thought - rate was locked at time of application. I guess at time of approval makes sense assuming instant approval.

Any insight on having to close within 30 days to get the 1% off?

Honestly I wouldn’t be shocked if they gave you that 1% off until you took the loan. They have been pretty understanding considering how many members here are describing their experience.

To get instant approved the membership would have to be processed

wrong. I got instant approved no membership approved.

Same here.

Decided to refi with fedchoice. New car purchase refinance. Applied 9/28, instant approval 9/29. Called and verified rate is locked for 60 days. Waiting for registration to come then I will push paperwork through on the refinance. Was told since it is new car and I’m refinancing right away that they would consider it at new car rate (!).

4 Likes

Good thing as expected there were rate increases with FedChoice. The site is updated with October rates. Wonder what the October floor is

Anyone have any recommendations for CUs for North Carolina Resident other than NC CO-OP? Looking for less than 4%

Americu Fedchoice Parsons

1 Like

What county, North Carolina is a big place.

Durham County

As low as 3.45 for up to 84 on new.

Vision Financial As low as 2.99 on new up to 60

https://www.vffcu.org/index.php/rates-fees

2 Likes

I bought my car Sep 6 and still waiting on my registration, plates and tags so I can refinance with the new member 1%.

Hi Geekman,

I am kind of in the same boat as you. I’m about to purchase my new car and don’t want to deal with all the paperwork and faxing/wiring to dealer and title stuff.

Can you describe your process for refinancing with fedchoice? Do you know roughly the turn around time for when you purchase to when you can refinance with fedchoice? You have to wait for title and registration first right? Also any special procedure for getting the “new car” loan rate?

Finally just to confirm, this as probably been asked previously on the forum but is the actual fedchoice rate 1% less than what is listed on website due to tangerine foundation? Ie listed right now is 3.39 actual with tangerine is 2.29?

Thank you so much!!
Richard

FedChoice had a floor of 2.49 last month I would think the floor is higher this month with the latest rate hike. Probably a half point but you need to and check.

1 Like