The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

You got a soft inquiry for the heck of it?

Sure. Soft inquiries are among the very few things that are even less consequential to one’s credit history than hard inquiries.

1 Like

Rates are going up seems that way. Anyone still think can beat 2.49% @72 months under current conditions?

I just signed 2.49 on a 60 month (could have done 72 if I wanted) at Fed Choice. It actually was super easy… my dealer didn’t want to give me their wire info so that was a pain but it’s done now. They sent the docusign right away after they got the wire info.

2 Likes

Do the credit unions give auto loans on business buying a car?

They have seemed to actually improve their service. I guess @HJS22 was really the test bunny.

Whatever he did, helped. I had a great experience with Fedchoice, after a horrible experience with Interior. Fedchoice got my funds wired the same day. Spoke at 9AM, sent them some missing documents at 12:30PM, funded at around 2PM. All same day. Note: I had been instantly approved a bit more than a month earlier, but still impressed at how quickly they moved when I needed them.

5 Likes

Yes exactly, they even pickup the phone real early, the works check up on your and they are actually very nice not rude or anything

They’re a horror show; wouldn’t send my worst enemy to them as I have a big issue with adding things to my signed documents that I didn’t authorize. Today they called me to see how my experience was LOL I said are you really sure you want to ask me that?

care to elaborate?

If you caught it I responded than deleted.

Do you have to be a member of Tangerine Foundation to get this discounted rate? Asking because their lowest advertised rate is 3.14% on their site and how you were able to get for 2.49 from FedChoice? Trying to refinance my new Escape PHEV that I just bought 5 days ago.

Make a 5 dollar donation and you’re all set.

You get a 1% rate discount during your first 90 days of membership but 2.49% is their floor rate meaning that’s as low as it will go

Thank you for the info. I assume this 2.49 is the lowest that it can go in the current market for a 60-72 month term with top-tier credit.

Anyone know if Fedchoice offers 84 month loans on a lease buyout, and what the rate would be?

I have a 2020 Tundra I am wanting to buy. Have approval from my local credit union for 3.24 for 72 months, but if I can lower payment with 84 month at similar rate I would go that route.

I think you can get 3.14% on 84 month loan from Fedchoice (assuming getting 1% APR discount for new members since current rate is 4.14%)

1 Like

If we do a 60 - 72 month with Fedchoice is there a penalty to pay off the amount sooner?
Thank You

No there is not

2 Likes

I’m getting a car from a dealer in a week but to get additional discount, need to stick with dealer financing option for 3 months. Any of these rates able to be locked that long?