The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

Thanks. I just went and reapplied says approved but pending.

How long until I a get my membership number so I can apply for a loan?

Santander lends to anybody :face_with_peeking_eye:, rates are pretty fair too honestly.

1 Like

Glad that my finding was useful

1 Like

Do you know if i were to refi a car the same month i got it, would it count as a used car? Or a new car? Iā€™m trying to get a loan from fed choice but had no option but to take a dealer finance(wasnā€™t a marked up rate though)

While the 100 inquiries did not drop my credit score, they were noticed by the dealership humans who subtly implied that I could not get away with stealing the car because Sirius Guardian could track it anywhere.

It depends on CU or Bank, so you need to ask them.

1 Like

For me it was 1 business day. You should receive a secured message alert with that info.

Any suggestions for Credit Unions where you donā€™t have to jump through a ton of hoops to get an application? Already have a few just from experience, but like NFCU for example doesnā€™t have great rates. Would like 84-96.

Wow great, were they advertising that rate?

Approved with Fedchoice For 72 months at 1.99% - you do have to open an account with them and fund it with $5. Last 2 pay stubs required with dealer contract to fund.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s not really how we do it.

1 Like

Ditto - Applied this am got text with instant approval and called for rate, thatā€™s what they were seeing but still pending the underwriter contacting me.

Sorry Michael Caine GIF

Looking for CU who are still doing balloon loans.
Can we do a balloon loan when we doing initial financing or its consider as Refinance of an existing lease loan .

Iā€™m almost positive it has to be new only because the full sales tax is due

1 Like

it should be all same to traditional loan, other than you have a balloon payment at the end.

1 Like

I am sure i can refinance an existing lease like I am buying the car with whatever buyout price plus the state tax on the total buyout price.

But if I am doing a new lease using the dealers finance house and numbers are not coming good i might just use a ballon loan from a CU. Then i dont have to pay ACQ fees.

I have Penfed but I think they stop doing the balloon loans.

Letā€™s ask @z0lt3c

Can you refinance/buyout a lease using a balloon loan?

Yes. I am doing this right now with AmeriCu and a Jeep Wrangler. I like this approach because you are not rushed to complete third party financing before pickup from the delivery dealer.

However, most credit unions consider this a ā€œusedā€ transaction, as the vehicle has already been titled, and in most cases has more miles then with which it was delivered. In the case of AmeriCu, this means a .25% rate increase. I think itā€™s pretty trivial but YMMV.

Also will point out AmeriCu is offering a special for any loans closed by 8/31, no payments for 90 days.

4 Likes

So your 4xe is at the dealership, you decided to not use CCAP for lease but bring your own Finance house AmeriCu for a balloon loan for whatever 60,72 months term. Do you have to pay ACQ fees ?
Does dealership was OK with this agreement or try to push you back to use CCAP.

Is AmeriCu the only CU doing balloon loans or there are others too.

Edit: oh I misread it you already in possession of the jeep.