The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

Hershey’s CU Sheet:

Other old school SS:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HGo8V-P5S-z4oCUiAKULrkZRFlzRHEalJqUFLiP0LCE/htmlview?pru=AAABfGJwsY4*GIrC7nxoPPPZ_hd47XnXOA#gid=0

3 Likes

@Rachmunas how did everything end up working out for you? I saw you closed on your loan before the car technically arrived. Did you take possession of the car yet?

I am in a similar boat. Have 3.49% at 72 months from A1CU, but rate expires on January 14. Approval is good for another 45 days after that, but rate jumps to 4.99% at 72 months. Golf R is hitting port in Davisville tomorrow, then needs port processing and 6-7 hour trek to dealer. Car likely won’t be at dealer until after January 14. I’m leaning towards closing on loan January 14 and waiting to take delivery.

1 Like

Damn can’t win with these server issues. Looks like my original post is back but the one I made earlier today (and some replies to it) are gone.

I closed on 12/28 and am still waiting on the vehicle that keeps getting delayed weekly for 1 1/2 months now. I have the check at my house. Kia has no way of tracking the vehicle. i hope the rewards pays off with the risk. I’m being patient because I’m only paying interest for three months, instead of waiting and paying 2-3% more a month for several years. But I’m nervous at the same time.

Ask them for 90 day no payments. Even if you wait 3 months, you’ll still be ahead over the life of the loan. It’s simple math.

1. shows 3.5% on website, is it 2.5% if you are a member?
  2. Anyone know if one can finance a car purchased with cash within the last 12 months?
  1. The rate was 2.5% before dec 31 2022. Since 1 Jan the rate has increased to 3.5%.

2. Yes, it should be doable.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Solar Hackr '22

Anyone have experience with refinancing with Tower FCU? Took them a week to process my purchase application so I ended up going with a different bank. They just emailed my approval for 3.49% so I thought maybe I can refi with them.

I called tower twice and got hung up on twice. Then I submitted an application electronically and it was rejected for “some issue.” so now they are sending me an application in the mail. They told me on the phone if you have a high enough credit score and sign up for auto pay you can get 2.99% on 60 month. So I’ll submit a paper application and see if that works out.

Anyone know if DCU’s current posted rates (5.24% for 65 months) include their relationship and energy efficiency discounts?

1 Like

I currently have a Ford Explorer lease that’s coming to an end. I’ve decided to Purchase it. Anyone have good bank recommendations. Lease is with Ford Financial. Thank you.

Don’t forget that FMC won’t allow you to transact right at the end (reports are mixed at 90 or 180 days — IIRC from my last lease it’s 180 for a third party and 90 for first party, probably changed since then). Call them to confirm, see if you can get an extension.

Good option for NYC.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]

What kinda rates on 60 and 72.

3.44 but you gotta read the disclosure. click on the link.

Not to be a hardass but clicking the link would’ve been easier than typing a whole post :joy:

6 Likes

Actually probably much faster to type that question than to click, read and hope to find the rates on an unknown website. :slight_smile:

So you haven’t clicked the link either :rofl:

1 Like