Tesla temp lease?

I am in CA and I have a Cybertruck reservation. I was offered the foundation version, but I would rather not pay another 20k.

Is there a way that I can lease a model X and replace it when the Cybertruck is available?

Buy used model X

Cash out some 401k money in amount of whatever your used model X equity is worth just before CT arrives

Buy new CT

Sell used model X from step one and deposit cash

Put cash back into 401k without penalty assuming none of this crossed calendar years.

1 Like

Only problem with this is the tax hit. In CA wouldn’t OP be hit with about 9% against an $80K used Model X? That $7,200 is lost. Taking over a 12 month lease from someone would be better wouldn’t?

Yep, short-term purchases don’t make sense in CA since there’s no sales tax credit on trade-ins.

I said used model X. This dude is going to be waiting like over a year for his CT anyway right?

Like a dump-tastic one with zero panels that align. The and the center UX screen will reboot every time the car starts up. And it’ll creak like crazy inside.

I was thinking if i can do a temp lease. Buying does not make sense especially for a year.
Spoke to a tesla sales person and they said that there is no early termination program now that they offer.

Lease with Autonomy.com , it’s like $800/month, return any time.

In 2019, when the cybertruck was introduced, people were asking what car to drive while waiting for cybertruck. They were suggested to buy $8000 used cars and drive for a few months until cybertruck delivery in 2021.

If we look back, if they turned to 18-month leases when Cybertruck was introduced, now they will be finishing their 3rd 18th-month leases in 4 months while still waiting for the cybertruck.

My suggestion is to start a 18-month lease.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.