Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Or just taking advantage of gas prices :hot_face:

Expensive petroleum affects the cost of everything.

Once againā€¦7.9% inflation eh? :kissing:

1 Like

Shame on penfed only paying me .55 apr :clown_face:

I remember when I could have pulled the trigger on a SR Y 7-seater for $43k barely over a year ago. Lol

Jesus this pricing is insane. But the chances of it going back down are 0% (I think?). So theoretically youā€™re getting some of the hike back via an increase in resale value. I thinkā€¦?

If I bought a car, say an X5 via an order which is at MSRP now, the resale value over the next year or two wonā€™t increase simply because Iā€™m paying a lot for it (vs the 5-8% discount that would come back once the market stabilizes in some time). Hence the Tesla is still the way to go from a resale value POV?

Challenge my logic guys!

1 Like

Theyā€™ve reduced pricing before in early '21. Iā€™d never say die.

Got my SR MY in early 21 right when they did the decreaseā€¦ but since itā€™s been out, I havenā€™t seen a decrease prior or after.

Wonder if Tesla anticipates EV credits to come back. I donā€™t see how they can compete with other EVā€™s at this point without that. I was pretty set until the $4K increase happened in a week and I didnā€™t reserve :skull:

The thing is compete against who? Other automakers are either struggling to get out of the gate or have underwhelming rangeā€¦I agree these price hikes are wild, but they do it cause they pretty much can at this point, who knows if itā€™ll last long

1 Like

Hyundai/kia

1 Like

They have more demand than they know what to do with right now. In a couple years? Who knows.

Range is irrelevant for the majority of EV drivers.

Most do not travel more than 100 miles a day, let alone 200 plus.

Whenever they release more then the 2 cars they currently have that kind of compete with the model 3 then yea probably at some point

Thereā€™s also a reason gas cars have over 250 range per tank right? Same way each model year for any electric car always adds more range. If it didnā€™t actually matter then no one would actually care.

1 Like

After 11 hours since mega-drop, 74 M3 left, but only 9 MY.

MY is clearly still selling well.

1 Like

After two price increases in a week, folks may be buying in order to get one before the next price increase they fear may be coming. Classic case of fear of inflation leading to actual inflation.

1 Like

depends where you live. if you are in the heavy cold, a 300 mile range can get close to 100 pretty fast. If they could get it to where a model 3/y/comparable can get 200 miles of true range in any condition, ie heavy cold, then I think weā€™re in a good spot range wise. We definitely arenā€™t there though.

If you live in cali, sure.

Hold It In Stressed Out GIF by Chunk Factory HQ

I wouldnā€™t bet a red cent on that one.

As for competingā€¦Theyā€™ve been competing just fine since 2020 without any federal BEV credit.

1 Like

Ummm what?

2 Likes

CPI will be above 10% before end of year.

PPI just hit record of 10%. Those producer cost will trickle down to consumers. More MSRP increases incoming.