Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Crazy smart use of your affiliate links and the most helpful tool too.

1 Like

Is the dream of the future price decrease due to the MY’s single cast,70 parts fewer and the improved battery pack design…a phantom?

This is what never made sense to me in the whole Tesla cost savings premise. If the company is selling every single vehicle that they can make (standard argument from Tesla supporters), why would they lower the prices? If they found cost savings, that would go straight into the profit, there is zero reason to pass that along, because again, the company is not having an issue selling the product.

Thank you! We didn’t actually use any referral codes on the first couple of days that this started. The community suggested using referral codes and eventually we moved to a model where it picks randomly from a list of referral codes of people that got a vehicle from the discord.

I don’t have my referral code in there anymore and it picks from a list of 30 members. If you look at each listing, it should have a different referral code. Also, you can remove it if you want and all of that info is on the faq channel in there.

1 Like

Is that link just for SK province in Canada?

That’s really smart. I like this way better than the awful YouTube videos using referral links.

1 Like

Volume increase?

No, you should have access to the entire server. SK province in Canada is just one of them. Are you having issues accessing the other ones?

What does that mean? until you reach the point where your entire production run is not selling and you are sitting on inventory, why would anyone lower prices?

1 Like

Yeah, time was of the essence when it came to ordering here. I didn’t have a referral code on my order when I placed it but I emailed them (referralprogram@tesla.com) and they were able to add it after the fact. Figured this way with built-in links, no one has to worry about it when making split second decisions and everyone wins! :smiley:

Yeah, I don’t think they will be lowering prices anytime soon. They did it earlier this year but then increased it to go more than what they used to go for.

1 Like

Your thinking is the federal rebate will be retroactive to today? Also, I should have jumped on the inventory 2 weeks. They are bone dry currently

I don’t disagree with you, just wishful thinking on my part. My A4 is due back a year from now, and I hope for either really good EV/PHEV leases or would have to shell out $50K for a MY, which for a long-term lessee is an “ouch”-factor.

NJRebate wasn’t retroactive this year, just sayin’

1 Like

Let’s go!

3 Likes

are these all for resale or you are using them?

No one knows what will happen in a month from now, if you are not ready to get one now, don’t even bother with this information as it’s bound to change soon and often.

Right now I do actually need this info, too - trying to help my friend sell his pre-ordered MY LR, due to arrive in October

I love how there is a secondary market of ‘brand new’ Teslas due to the extended delivery times. Following OPs methodology here I have seen numerous opportunities where I could acquire a vehicle in a matter of weeks so I don’t see why this secondary market exists.

well, I don’t know how real that “secondary market” is, as I couldn’t find a good marketplace for those cars. I got my friend a Q5 lease and he was considering canceling MY order, but I told him not to and explore that theoretical secondary market. What’s really fitting is that his second car just drowned during the local storm here in NJ, and now he might actually use that Tesla.
In any case, what’s a good marketplace for those “other new” Teslas?