Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Due to pick one up on Tuesday so I’m hoping it lasts till then!

If i pick up a car out of state and register it in CA, since I reside in CA. Do i still qualify for the cvrp ?

NEGATIVE

Has to be bought/leased in CA

Thanks and does lease qualify for the federal rebate or can write off on tax ?

Federal goes to lease bank so you won’t claim anything on a lease, they may pass through in the deal and some don’t…

Spend some more time reading on this forum so you know what to expect with dealership etc There’s leasing 101 and search the forum for more info-lenty available :+1:

2 Likes

Regarding the possible loss of the $7500 on Tesla M3RWD…skip to around 2:15. One could guess, if this is true, that all other cars with Chinese batteries, or batteries from other countries of manufacture, would also be affected.

So basically what was supposed to happen on Jan 1

And theyve now updated their webpage somewhat inconclusively-----

Why is M3 Dual Motor long-range not available to order any more? I only see the performance models available to order.

This totally makes the case for a command economy. :crazy_face:

Oh wait.

You would think a trip to the dmv would be enough proof for most people as to the value of that idea.

1 Like

Purchasing should definitely decline after March, leasing should see a rise. Tesla needs to just start a passthrough of the $7500 and quit this inflated residual BS.

Should see a number of EVs lose their $7500 credit or half of it, under Section 30 of IRA.

Every single EV should have $7500 credit passhtrough for leasing from Section 45. These credits are intended for the consumer to make EVs more affordable. Not offset these brands negative margins on EVs.

Section 45 is specifically a credit for businesses to boost ev adoption by businesses. The application to consumer leases is just a small portion of that.

Section 30 is the tax credit targeted at boosting consumer adoption.

With a lease you can’t buyout, it is irrelevant how they apply it.

2 Likes

If they’re not still using USBank then they lifted the practice off them. They do the same thing on Audi leases through USB.

That is exactly what I am assuming. :wink:

Youre assuming that the inflated residual is the only place it could be captured, and wouldnt reflect in the mf, etc. Theres also no good way to know what the current rv would be without the inflated amount to even make the claim the rv doesnt fully reflect the pass through.

Then you have other brands that shoe the whole credit amount as a ccr, but then manipulate the mf/rv to make it back up, so theyre not giving the whole benefit either, even though its a “straight pass through.”

Man, i had to look at that several times to understand how your post quoting me happened before the post quoted.

Yeah I was fixing a grammar error in previous post. Then quoted your recent post and it replaced the old one. Never had that happen. Weird.

1 Like

Ideally they lower the msrp again to make up for some the lost tax credit for purchases.