Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

sad the simpsons GIF

2 Likes

Their battery business is valuable for sure. And I’m not discounting that. That is one of the reasons they are still worth more than GM, Honda, Ford, BMW combined… However, battery production doesn’t have the same growth potential as software. Incremental costs don’t come down to almost zero for the last unit sold.

Also, I believe they are not an energy company but rather a manufacturer. In my mind there are two distinct types of energy companies, both having unique advantages. The first type is exemplified by Exxon and Shell. They basically print money via their oil extraction business. They have some protection because starting a competitor at this point is very difficult to the tremendous start-up costs.

Then domestic non resource extraction energy companies have other advantages/a built in monopoly. Mainly, I have to get my power through Dominion lines (sub in Duke, national grid, PGE, Con Ed as applicable). Sure I could get solar but if I want backup power, well I have to pay Dominion a connection fee plus for the power. I can also elect to get my power through some “green” sources so I don’t pay Dominion for the generation. But the power still is delivered through Dominion lines and I would still pay them a transmission fee.

Tesla doesn’t have a legacy oil drilling business or a built in structural monopoly with guaranteed long-term regulated revenue/profit. Those sort of structural advantages help justify the vale of energy companies.

Again, I don’t think Tesla is going bankrupt. I just view them as a manufacturing company. And being a manufacturer, there opportunity for rapid growth/protected revenue is more limited.

1 Like

1 Like

I realize it’s hard to separate the two… but Tesla has really led the EV revolution… so I just laugh at the Elonanigans and hope that other brands come out with more compelling EVs.

Still time to grab these gems…

GM has done more to bring EVs to the masses than Tesla ever has. Bolt and Bolt EUV are affordable enough for most Americans

@admins, can we pleaseeeeee get a laugh button?

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

12 Likes

Don’t get me wrong… I think the Bolt is the best value EV right now.

But there is no WaitingForBolt Discord drop site/thread because they just don’t sell as well. I’m hoping that changes.

Let’s stay on topic.

Anyone wishing to discuss other aspects of Tesla can open new thread(s)

7 Likes

There are a lot of MYs available in Southern California today. Tesla must really be cranking them out to try to meet year end goals. I wonder if quality is going to suffer.

Yeah, it’s the cheaper 3s that are hard to find.

Heres one! Goodness are dealers getting hammered if they bought M3 or MY right now.

1 Like

Dealers are getting hammered in general on all their peak-market acquired used inventory, which is the majority of their vehicles. I would be wholesaling inventory like crazy right now, before the wholesale market drops out from under them. Used car market is a ticking time bomb right now. Anything but a gradual decline in values could kick off a bubble burst.

:smiling_face_with_tear:

Hold up. Two next to useless seats defines it as a SUV over a Sedan?

4 Likes

At the current prices, you would have to add that useless row to get the credit. :crazy_face:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:
That’s ludicrous

2 Likes

I think the easy solution here is to make the SR AWD Austin cars 5 seaters and price them at 53,790(+1,200 destination)

Then move the LR/Performance up slightly and make them 7 seaters only.

1 Like

The marketing team is too busy selling blue check marks

1 Like

Money Money Smoking GIF

3 Likes