Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

I would bet the farm that no one reading this thread, save you, is deciding between a Tesla Y and Nissan Frontier. Maybe both, but not one or the other.

I’m just trying to figure out what opinion it is that you are sharing and what exactly you are adding to the thread.

People comment on odd posts…and yours is definitely on the stranger side.

1 Like

Frontier is just an example. The debate it between a lease on low APR (Frontier happens to be one of those) and buying/financing a Tesla. You are a nobody as much as I am and don’t get to decide if I should post something or not. Comment or bet as much as you want. Peace out :v:

You do have a great point on the market overall, there is not really a clear winner on best TCO at the moment. It probably isn’t a great financial decision to lease a Tesla at the moment.

3 Likes

I was able to snag a RWD one from a drop on Saturday. Had initially found one in Cali but the SA mentioned they would not be transporting it to AZ.

2 Likes

Its a terrible decision^ to get one period IMO!

^financially anyway…as a car I am digging it big time

2 Likes

I had a S on order it finally arrived but I let it go, With used dropping like a rock and lots of inventory, Hoping they come back with supercharge for life like they did a few years ago

1 Like

I did the same 2 weeks ago. I feel the price or incentives will change on the S. If they don’t can get a 6 month used one for 10-15k off sticker in a few Months.

2 Likes

There used to be a tangible benefit to buying directly from Tesla, but that’s clearly not the case anymore.

Am I the only one waiting for a MX price drop? MSRP was under 100k just last year and now it’s 120k+. Hoping a discount will follow the 10k supercharging incentive.

1 Like

I think it’s important to differentiate the demise of Tesla as a tech company vs the demise of Tesla overall. Tesla, even with their 9+% stock decrease today, is still worth more than GM, Ford, Stellantis, Honda and BWM combined. The market is just starting to view them as a car manufacturer vs a tech company. That changes the fundamentals of how they are valued.

All of these factors apply to every auto maker with the partial exception of the IRA.

This is why Tesla will be fine. The model Y is probably, all things considered, the best EV in the world. And I would say definitely the best for US consumers.

3 Likes

This is a joke right? “Auto pilot” is anything but “auto” and it is only a matter of time until NHTSA forces Tesla to disable it. California has already stood up like an adult and showed it’s cards. Auto Pilot is nowhere near ready for prime time.

MY is a flaming piece of garbage with massive panel gaps and a cheap interior. You can’t even get BLIS on it. Ioniq 5 matches MY for exterior ugliness but at least has a fantastic cabin. I look forward to Tesla stock continuing to drop and hopefully the company going out of business. Elon Musk belongs in federal prison.

4 Likes

Bill, is that you?

Or is it Adam or Teddy?

7 Likes

Would have guessed NYCSimone

4 Likes

@mattevan scared him away :joy:

1 Like

Have you turned on the specific camera setting?

It’s stupid that it comes out of the factory with this feature off.

1 Like

Don’t you have to value them differently than legacy automakers? Are they also energy companies? Does GM, Ford, etc…own the dc fast charging network their EVs run on? Do they produce residential and commercial energy storage? Tesla has brand new megafactolry in Lathrop that just finished with ability to produce 10k megapacks next year. Avg price of megapack is about $2mill, possible $20bill/year revenue stream coming online. Selling to a market likely to be unaffected by recession, world’s utility companies all seeking renewable energy. New IRA subsidies ready to hand out in US as well.

1 Like

You let that S car go?

4 Likes

Mail Send Me GIF by alimacdoodle

1 Like

Who didn’t hug you as a child?

5 Likes

I simply abhor anything related to the egotistical narcissistic that is Elon Musk. Even if he were out of the question, I’d be rooting for Tesla to fail. They make garbage vehicles that have killed more people in fires than Ford Pintos.

Loving the plummeting stock price and used Tesla values. Ending the year off right with TSLA being the worst performer in S&P 500 :heart_eyes:

1 Like