Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

True.

And the loss of tax credit for Korean EVs have crushed demand IMO. I knew folks extremely interested a few month ago (and would ping me for leads on availability) but since the loss of tax credit are not all interested which I find odd. These tax credits do severely distort the market. An Ioniq 5 Limited at $56K is a good deal and the loss of tax credit simply should mean long term resale will be higher. Buyers obviously do not see it that way and chase PHEVs or EVs with tax credits.

Will Tesla incentivize purchases this quarter?

• Lower Interest Rates for Loans
  • Lower Money Factor for Leases
  • Subsidized FSD
  • Cash Incentive
  • Nope - force people to take delivery or cancel orders

0 voters

Bring back the 40k standard range + Elon
I’ll give it another try

1 Like

I would ponder that as well (but it would be my first try).

Im digging the $26k Bolts now as well. I know those cars dont get alot of excited interest on the board, but as a commuter to gobble up miles they are hard to beat.

I’ve tried non Tesla chargers and I always struck out out of service or someone on it

Tesla is ahead of the game telling you how many stalls are open and especially with the $1 idle a minute fee people move their shit :joy:

2 Likes

Noooooo doubt the overall charging infrastructure flat out stinks (outside of Tesla). All the 3rd parties out there have in no way made EV charging stations anything even remotely resembling gas stations. For EVs its akin to 1900 when it was easier to get hay (horse fuel) than gasoline (auto fuel). Until that happens people will be reticent to adopt EVs wholeheartedly. (And of course, the rate at which range can be added is a real problem as well. No one is going to wait even 20 minutes to “fill” their car when for the past 50+ years thats been accomplished in 2 minutes).

Ive had 10+ EVs (so I like them) but this is a reality. So, Ive just charged at home (or work) and use an ICE for longer trips (or a PHEV like I have now).

1 Like

I’m looking at a Bolt as a “first” car (either new or used depending on pricing/tax credits) for my soon to be teen driver down the road.

I had one last year and cant speak highly enough about it. As an “appliance” car, IMO (esp at the time with the single pay leases that were available) it was unmatched. I think my 36 mo lease was something like $6300 single
pay (and that was with no state/utility incentives, etc). Folks in areas where those were available got free Bolts🤪

1 Like

Until Elon opens the network to all CCS vehicles. It is coming.

https://electrek.co/2022/08/17/tesla-preparing-supercharger-membership-non-tesla-ev-owners/

What do you imagine would change? People would check into a station and it would show it as occupied.

Idle fees would still apply.

2 Likes

$1 fee keeps the tight wads away
i never seen a car sit at a tesla station unlike changepoint/evgo fully charged and they dont pick it up

Appliance is correct. I did not enjoy my 2022 Bolt EUV test drive this past summer at all.

But man, what an appliance it is. It is very very efficient and plows through miles at very minimal expense.

EDD on one of my MYLR orders just advanced from Jan 1 to Nov 17.

Either production just sped up to double time, or massive cancellations.

1 Like

Lot still very full in Corte Madera. I did see a hauler full of Tesla’s heading up to Oregon, though, on the 5.

1 Like

I think we should start a -$250 club. Every Tesla order you cancel, you get a -$250 sticker.

9 Likes

I got an MYP order that I am not going to take. I haven’t filled the registration yet. So I think I can fill in new party. Has anyone successfully transferred an order to a friend or a hacker?

The delivery is in a week. The buyer will also get FSD for 12k too. :slight_smile:

Bit of both. My Tesla center in Florida is still slammed with deliveries but I do see Model S cars stack up in inventory and Ys pop up too.

I’ve transferred and taken over orders but in both cases it’s a royal pain. Best to handle over the entire Tesla account and help the new buyer but even then it’s still effort if Tesla refuses to reset registration or allow account name/email changes.

This week’s declines have been the lowest in some time, with most models loosing “only” around -$500 in the past week. Could we be reaching the bottom, given we are almost $20K below the peak? Another good sign, we also have our first 2023 Tesla data point from Manheim (a MXLR)

Would be nice to see these do $120K again!

3 Likes