Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

I don’t believe Tesla’s FSD is anywhere close to production-ready. I’m amazed so many people are willing to pay $12k so they can risk their lives to be the guinea pigs for the richest man on Earth.

But, if you read this article, most of the people got laid off are low-waged autopilot data labelers in San Mateo, CA and they are probably going to refill those jobs in Buffalo, NY where tesla can offer lower salaries.

In a nutshell, the richest man on Earth screwed 200 low-wage workers in an economic downturn, so he can save maybe a few million dollars :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Hi are they flip worthy? Thanks

1 Like

Until LR come out.

1 Like

update: FIL’s Y came with a charging bundle despite ordering on 7 May. Guess whoever originally ordered that Y did it before the cutoff date and the FIL benefitted from that. Another $200 saved. :slight_smile:
Though he was told his 2nd $250 order fee for the just-kidding demo car drop I snagged could not be refunded. Can’t win 'em all. :laughing:

I’d escalate.

1 Like

I was just gonna let it go (because the FIL received a charging bundle he wasn’t supposed to get) and the fact the FIL received his Y 8-12 months earlier than he should have received it, but then I thought WWED (What Would Elon Do) and he would definitely go after the money, so I did escalate. Lol

1 Like

MY AWD built in Texas in June includes the charger in the window sticker.

2 Likes

So my co-worker’s Texas built Y has the same language on the window sticker. He’s missing the mobile connector. Does he just put in a service request telling them the window sticker lists it and his vehicle didn’t come with one?

If it’s on the window sticker, to me that is a green light for him to demand a mobile connector. Pretty sure Tesla (and every other manufacturer) is legally required to deliver everything listed on the window sticker for new cars deliveries.

How often does the https://waitingfortesla.com/inventory/us/my website update? I’m seeing M3 and MY there that are not actually available when you click.

Seems like only once every few hours.

@ilike2breakthngs

The rep responded and said that they “put in a request” for the $250 order fee refund. Here’s hoping the FIL’s good luck keeps rolling!

Is FSD tied to the vehicle or the user? Say someone bought 4-5 years ago and now upgrade their car, will it transfer to the new car?

Picked this one up today M3 LR

8 Likes

FSD goes/stays with the car

1 Like

UNLESS the car passes through an auction house. A private sale to another person, FSD will stay with the car. A Tesla traded into a dealer that stays on the lot until another person buys it as a used vehicle, FSD will stay with the car.
If a dealer takes in a Tesla as a trade, then auctions it, and then another dealer puts it on their lot after buying from the auction, Tesla WILL REMOVE FSD from the car (it might stay with the car for a little bit, but once Tesla realized the car was sold at auction, it will strip FSD).

Along with FSD, I’m assuming that all other “after purchase upgrades” like heated seats/steering wheel, acceleration boost, and even EAP may also get stripped.

1 Like

Tesla pretty shitty for charging multiple times for FSD

1 Like

Even more reason to not pay for it.

2 Likes

Enjoy your software, as a car.

I’m glad you ended up being wrong on this one. :wink:

3 Likes