Tesla order pending cancelation

I placed the order in late Jan, canceled one vin, then got my second vin. Estimated delivery date was 3/13-3/19. I was waiting for their msg so I can schedule the delivery date. Apparently, they sent me three msgs since last Friday 3/10 at 12PM for me to schedule the delivery date if not, my order will be canceled. I did not see the msg until today, 3/12 at 5PM, and noticed that my order is pending cancellation and vin number is gone. Does anyone have experience with this? Will I be able to get my VIN number back and my order reinstated?

You need to text back or call tesla. If it’s already been cancelled a second time, then it’s gone. But you will want to get in touch with Tesla ASAP

Thanks, I texted delivery team right away and got msg that they are checking with mangement.

1 Like

Did you receive any updates yet?

I had the exact same thing happen to me.
Called an advisor and requested a VIN to be assigned from inventory on 3/10 10am. This was my second VIN as well. Advisor told me the car was still in transit and not available until 3/13 or 3/14. Tried to schedule delivery on the app. It showed me no appointments available. I assumed since the car was still in transit, I won’t be able to schedule an appointment.
Neither the advisor nor the app told me I had only 2 days to schedule an appointment before VIN is unassigned. Had limited connectivity to internet over the weekend. I noticed an email last night saying my VIN hold has been removed and order is pending cancellation. Reached out to chat right away and they said they will check with delivery location. Called customer support today morning and they said they will reach out to management as they cannot do anything themselves until a manager reinstates the order. They were not sure how long that will take, one or two days. The car that was assigned to me isn’t available anymore. All this automation is quite ridiculous and frustrating.

I have a move scheduled end of this week and was really hoping to drive the car to where I’m moving.
My original delivery date was mid march. Which then moved to april-may. So I just tried to take delivery from whatever they had in the inventory, not my exact build.
Needless to say the whole experience has been nerve wracking.

No, I have not heard from them yet. I will be calling the delivery advisor soon to check on it.
I can’t believe they only give less than 3 days of notification over the weekend and expect customers to respond, and not even try to reach out via other means other than texting before canceling the order.
Will update when I have more information.

Thank you.
Do you have a separate number to reach out to the delivery advisor? Or are you referring to the Tesla customer service number 888-518-3752?

Yes, I share the same disbelief. Pretty insane to cancel an order you’ve been waiting months for, without any attempt to reach out besides an automated notification over a weekend. And the time you’re given to schedule is insane too.

Their communication is all over the place. You have to schedule from the app, but the app won’t tell you that you’re on a time limit to schedule it. If there’s no appointments available, shouldn’t it at least give you more time to schedule?

I will try to go to the showroom today to speak to someone in person and see if they can help me out.

FYI, update, Called Tesla twice but just automated answering machine.
Got a message from delivery team via text msg that my VIN number will be replaced and Estimated date similar to the previouse dates. Waiting for the new VIN number to proceed with the process again.

i am waiting to take delivery of my m3 and they postponed until Friday.

That’s great news! I went to my closest showroom and talked to the manager there. He said he’s unable to do anything as my order is pending cancellation. And the only thing I can do is reorder. That would mean, I d have to pay the current price.

But your response gives me hope that my order can be reinstated by someone. I’m not sure who to reach out to. The customer support on phone said they sent a message to someone and that I should wait for someone to contact me. Not really sure what to do next.