Tesla MYLR lease calculator question

So I’m new to leasing and am trying to figure out how to properly use the calculator for a Tesla MYLR with base options. I’m getting hung up on what to put into the calculator for the Capitalized Cost options (specifically Selling price / Taxed Incentives / Untaxed Incentives) as well as the residual and MF options (I realize Tesla doesn’t allow you to purchase the car after lease is up).

Here are the numbers from the Tesla lease calculator for $0 down / 24 mo / 12K miles:

Est. Lease Payment = $672 /mo
Vehicle Price = $48,490
Destination Fee = $1,390
Order Fee = $250
Acquisition Fee = $695
Disposition Fee = $395
Title/Registration Filing Fee = $145
Tire Fee = $8
Title Fee = $92
Registration Amount = $100
Up Front Tax = $373

I’m not sure where to find the other information that the lease calculator is looking for. I’ve been searching the forums and there’s not a lot of chatter about the recent price drop for Tesla leases, but at face value they seem decent if you are in a situation where you just need a car for a few years. Interested to see what the experts think about the recent price drop.

I’ve been looking at Ioniq 5’s as well, but can’t seem to get anywhere near Tesla lease amounts using their lease calculator.

Selling price is the vehicle price generally and there are no incentives.

With the teslas, there isnt really a whole lot of value in filling out the calculator. The price is what is. There arent any knobs to turn.

2 Likes

Yup. It makes no difference what MF or RV the lessor chooses to result in the same least cost.

1 Like

Also, Tesla’s generally don’t lease well. 1) With the current calculation you will pay 19.5k for a vehicle probably closer to 30k by the end of the lease (not sure of residual here). 2) You cannot buy your lease out from Tesla so any changes of equity at the end of the lease are gone.

1 Like

Yea, I think it’s the residual that I’m looking at. With the refresh coming in the next 2 years, I think the value of current models will take a fairly big dive.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.