Tesla Model Y "Deal"

My exact reaction :joy:

Gotta pay for SpaceX falcon rockets somehow right?

2 Likes

I am assuming you just did a mock lease build on their website. If you go in person and have them run numbers, they can move it around to show you 0 DAS, first and fees with taxes rolled in, etc.

Again, like everyone else says, it makes more sense to finance this and then sell it off in 3-4 years.

Yes of course bruh.

When I originally configured a Y on the first day the RWD came online, there was no additional money in the cash do at signing break down.

As I said above, the fine print on the website has changed.

This doesn’t mean that the other fees were non-existent before- but it definitely was not as clear.

NJ recently ended the $5000 rebate program for EVs.
Perhaps your original quote was from when this program was still active.

1 Like

Very possible this is the case

Each states have different rebates

I think I will agree with others that this is a buy vs lease

Unless you can write off

Uh oh…thats was teslas stock bread and butter. Without tax credits tesla stock would be trading under $25 bucks.

TSLA price has no bearing on reality and hasn’t for many years.

As for leasing Tesla’s just do not lease well at all.

2 Likes

If you are really wanting a Y, you can also scan swapalease daily. There arent alot of Ys there compared to 3s for instance, but they have started poppping up.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it make sense to wait for the Charge-UP NJ rebate to come back?

1 Like

True. I cancelled that order anyway.

Can one find any deals on Tesla Y or the price is always what you see online or quoted at the dealerships?

What you see is what you get

1 Like

Have heard of purchase deals on select inventory, but getting that in itself requires being a unicorn, as only unicorns can find other unicorns.

I thought i also saw a guy that works for Telsa circulating on LH and can possibly find small incentives on existing inventory.

You can find Tesla demo vehicles at a small discount. Tesla calls it “price adjusted.” It’s not really a negotiated discount as the adjusted price is still the advertised price. My trick is to sort the new inventory using highest mileage. Here is an example. Savings of about $170.

I wouldn’t buy a demo or existing inventory Tesla. Too likely of a chance it was refused at delivery due to manufacturing issues.

1 Like