Tesla Model 3 Performance Lease

Hello everyone!

I’ve been lurking leasehackr for a few weeks now trying to better understand leasing and figure out what to move onto next now that my current lease is up. Looking for help breaking down and understanding this deal.

There’s also a special included through September for 2 years of free supercharging.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

So what exactly are you trying to understand?

Are you looking for a deal OR are you looking for a deal on model 3 and its a must have?

I’m assuming $4k discount since base price on performance shows $56k? and 2 years of SC is a great deal for this time. Is it a showroom demo? Look like a good deal for a model 3.

That being said its a crap deal generally speaking.

It’s almost the same payment to buy or lease. Seems like a no brainer to buy.

however the buying portion includes a downpayment of 5 grand, if he takes that out, leasing is cheaper.

How much equity will he have at the end of three years?

How does that make “leasing cheaper”? Or is that just fixating on a monthly payment number as if it’s all that matters.

What is the actual residual value of a Model 3 versus the captive’s RV? I don’t know what these things are going for used.

The MF is atrocious. Rent cost for this is $200 a month or $7100 over the life of the lease.

Would I buy this thing? Hell no, but the total interest cost on the 72mo loan at 3.99% would be less…

4 Likes

The OP stated that he is looking to go to another lease which is why I focused on the monthly payment with 0 DAS. Most people, including you and I know it is better IF thinking of a TM3 to just go ahead and finance it out but if OP wants to lease one and is moving from another lease to this, I just simply recommended to lease for a lower monthly payment as opposed to cost over life of vehicle, etc.

None. You can’t buy it out.

3 Likes

I mean if you finance it. Will you have more or less equity than the $5k downpayment. Also, don’t forget the tax credit if you buy.

Vehicle aside, why would you want that risk on residual value?

I mean it’s kinda all about the vehicle when discussing lease vs. buy. The MF is horrible. The RV seems crazy high to me. There’s no incentive specific to leasing or purchasing. So to me it comes down to, what’s the actual residual? Will a Model 3 actually be worth anywhere close to 69% of it’s MSRP after 36mos/30k miles?

For a company one tweet or profanity laced interview away from losing half it’s market cap, it’s difficult to predict…

2 Likes

Just look at the secondary market today (TL;DR: no it won’t be worth 69%)

I would love to drive around knowing I’ve landed an awesome leasehackr worthy deal on a car I find awesome as well, but getting the best deal possible isn’t my motivation. Ultimately, I just want to drive a car I love. Looks, performance, luxury and tech are all considered and the S3 has suited me well in that regard.

I’m trying to find something that fits my current situation like the S3 has done for the last 3 years. I was expecting I’d be able to upgrade to something a little better but not sure where to turn. C43 is becoming dated and doesn’t lease welld. Supra was a top contender but only back when I naively thought I could lease it for a decent price at MSRP. M3 would’ve been awesome had I been in the market back before they stopped production. Cayman (not S) and M2 were quoted at a 1000 per month.

Even though I feel the model 3 is not the most handsome or luxurious, the performance and the free supercharging make it a little more attractive. So no, it’s not something I must have.

I got some more info on it. It has 300 miles and was used as a showroom/test drive car which bothers me especially since is has white interior which stains easily. Its discounted due to being a marketing vehicle.

Also the Tesla order deposit is $2,500 but that -968 means I’d get that back at delivery since I’m choosing to put $0 down. So in reality I’m putting 1500 down.

And the tax credit of $1,800 is included in the lease somehow.

Any suggestion on a decent lease deal in the 600-700s considering the above? Or is this my best shot?

Supercharging is not free, only 2000 miles.

Most likely you are getting a sleeper M3P, based on a price. If so, you should know sleeper doesn’t come with better breaks, 20" wheels, suspension, and a rear spoiler. I got the same car a month ago. Recommend you to test-drive it first, it’s not a Cayman or S5, way different.

Price is good, but don’t lease, buy it. The payment is almost the same.

I was told it had the lower suspension, 20’s and spoiler. I’m assuming the brakes are included but I forgot to ask specifically.

I test drove a sleeper M3P and its acceleration is so much faster than any of the cars mentioned above. It was freaking incredible. And the sound system was amazing which is another huge thing for me with cars.

I’m not really considering buying it. I feel I’ll get the itch at 2 to 3 years as usual and am concerned it wont be worth what I owe at that time, or ever. I’d rather pay a little more for peace of mind. Not sure if this logic makes sense to you all? I’m open to hearing out another point of view on purchasing vs leasing.

And again I was told it was free supercharging for 2 years, not 2k miles. Theres a big difference there and I doubt the salesman would’ve messed that up.

That’s even better deal!

You get it free for 2 years if you purchase by the end of the month, at least the center I’m working on a deal with said that, and it is somewhat confirmed by various electric car web sites.