[FOR MOST STATES] 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD - 36mo 10k mi $5600 DAS $399mo

Leasing a Tesla in NJ… IS a lease hack.

7 Likes

Have you gone through jcpl to get these reimbursements? I’m curious what the process is for application, timeframe, etc.

1 Like

I will take it one step at a time:

• The $4k is a State of NJ EV incentive, and you just need to show that you are a NJ resident upon delivery (which is your DL); no other actions needed, so how simple is that?
  • The home EV Charger installation rebate is through JCP&L; it is up to $1,500.00; the application is online + easy to fill-in; the one “watch out” is that they require certain EV chargers to be purchased/installed…and Tesla is not one of them (I went with the JuiceBox 40, which I prefer as this can charge any type of EV vehicle)
  • The EV purchase rebate is $250.00, and is also through JCP&L; same comment applies here, it only applies to certain brand EV chargers. What I did was cross-check the ones eligible on the installation list compared to the ones on the EV purchase rebate list…and hence why I went with the JuiceBox 40

Bottom line- I wasn’t in the market for a Tesla, and historically (as pointed out on this forum) they lease horribly! I thus jumped on this.

Hope this helps, and yes- I did lots of research this past weekend, to see if/how I can maximize NJ EV incentives. Their website shows how much of the $60M allocated has been used up- pretty cool.

3 Likes

Yes I got that. I’m wondering more about application process time frames. Do you have to apply and get approval before you install(seems like not)? How long does it take to get approved?

• You need the serial number of your EV charger in order to complete the rebate application, thus apply at that time (when you get the charger)
  • You apply for the EV installation Rebate after the installation, as you need the cost and electric license # (of your electrician or general contractor)
  • I can’t answer how long it takes to process, as I just got my charger today/it gets installed TMR

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Home charger recommendations, suggestions?

I’m considering leasing the M3 in NJ. is there a difference if I order online or go into a dealer? Any reason to do one over the other? I want to make sure I get the 4k rebate and any other incentives available

Order online

2 Likes

The dealer is going to do the exact same thing, go on his computer.

What was the answer on the acq fee? Up front required?

Order online. The rebate will show up. If not, just reach out them to have it added. Really easy process.

Once I was assigned a VIN#, I changed the “additional charges” to add up to $4,250 via the Tesla app, which equals the order deposit of (-$250) I paid + the NJ EV rebate of (-$4,000), which amounts to $404.48/month (which I think is outstanding for this car, especially in this horrible leasing market we are in!)

My appointment is for 15 minutes (based on how many cars they are delivering in Mercer County NJ), thus expect to show up, and drive away.

Here are the screenshots validating this- so yes, less the (-$250) order deposit I paid, this is essentially a no out-of-pocket for this lease for me

2 Likes

Technically there are no Tesla dealerships…

“Tesla doesn’t have a dealer network and instead sells cars through its stores, which serve as showrooms where customers can meet with a sales person, see a Tesla and configure their own vehicle.”

I was assigned a VIN yesterday. I didn’t know you could edit the lease numbers in the app and basically reduce the DAS to zero, thank you for pointing this out. And yes, $404/month for this car is unheard of, especially in this market.

1 Like

Amazing answer! Thanks!

I will “report back” to see if anything changes when I pick the Tesla up later today (doubt it), as (according to the answers I received via email from Tesla) acquisition fee must be paid out-of-pocket.

1 Like

That’s what I thought too (about the acq fee). Yes, please, I would appreciate it if you could report back on how things worked out in the end :slight_smile: And congrats on your M3! Enjoy!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Did you just buy a Tesla and get quoted crazy insurance?

Confirming that:

• I paid $250 via my AMEX for the order down payment
  • Used the $4k NJ EV rebate as my down payment
  • My monthly payments are $404.48 per month/36 months/10k

So yeah- for $250 “down” at $404 per month, I couldn’t be more pleased with this lease. Plus charger was $650 less -$250 due to the NJ EV charger rebate and my EV installation was $675 with a full NJ rebate of $675 coming my way.

Not a LH “hack”, however- just a happy guy who is thrilled with this car/lease at this cost.

8 Likes

For me in WA it would be almost $7k the down-payment and then $384/month with tax lease.
Not entirely convinced yet as I’m still looking for other deals.