[FOR MOST STATES] 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD - 36mo 10k mi $5600 DAS $399mo

Technically there are no Tesla dealerships…

“Tesla doesn’t have a dealer network and instead sells cars through its stores, which serve as showrooms where customers can meet with a sales person, see a Tesla and configure their own vehicle.”

I was assigned a VIN yesterday. I didn’t know you could edit the lease numbers in the app and basically reduce the DAS to zero, thank you for pointing this out. And yes, $404/month for this car is unheard of, especially in this market.

1 Like

Amazing answer! Thanks!

I will “report back” to see if anything changes when I pick the Tesla up later today (doubt it), as (according to the answers I received via email from Tesla) acquisition fee must be paid out-of-pocket.

1 Like

That’s what I thought too (about the acq fee). Yes, please, I would appreciate it if you could report back on how things worked out in the end :slight_smile: And congrats on your M3! Enjoy!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Did you just buy a Tesla and get quoted crazy insurance?

Confirming that:

• I paid $250 via my AMEX for the order down payment
  • Used the $4k NJ EV rebate as my down payment
  • My monthly payments are $404.48 per month/36 months/10k

So yeah- for $250 “down” at $404 per month, I couldn’t be more pleased with this lease. Plus charger was $650 less -$250 due to the NJ EV charger rebate and my EV installation was $675 with a full NJ rebate of $675 coming my way.

Not a LH “hack”, however- just a happy guy who is thrilled with this car/lease at this cost.

8 Likes

For me in WA it would be almost $7k the down-payment and then $384/month with tax lease.
Not entirely convinced yet as I’m still looking for other deals.

I’m trying to figure out the discrepancy in numbers for a lease in TX, comparing the figures given on tesla.com with the final number in the app.

A base M3 with blue paint as the only upgrade, $0 down on the lease (other than the mandatory first month payment and acquisition fee added by the system), and the payment on a 36/10K is showing as $488/month. The “After Potential Savings” value is $430/month. Ok, I get that, they’re being sneaky by trying to pretend that your “actual” payment and cash outlay is less because no gasoline and electricity is “free” or whatever.

That isn’t quite the sweet $399/month deal from our NJ friends, but it’s still a good buy IMO, and it looks like the $7500 tax credit is being applied.

Now I go into the lease approval in the iPhone app and look at the numbers there. $576.95/month!!! How is the payment jumping from $488 to $577? I could get being off by a few dollars, but almost $100 is leaving me feeling like a bait & switch is going on. I must be missing something here…

Is a lease just that much higher in Texas for some reason? I’m already stretched in my budget at the $488 mark, and in not a fan of putting down thousands on a lease. Does anyone else see this level of discrepancy?

Pic of lease from tesla.com:

Pic of lease from app:

Tax is a bitch

1 Like

You can’t compare Texas deals to NJ.

You lose the $4,000 NJ rebate and you go from $0 tax to $3,000 in taxes.

2 Likes

The $4000 rebate I totally get, and I was wondering if sales tax or other fees were the difference. So I can wrap my head around the difference just in payments (ignoring the NJ-TX comparison as it’s not valid):

Texas charges sales tax somewhere and rolls it into the monthly payment? And that is what causes the ~$100 difference in payment quotes? I assume they are just dividing the total amount by 36 months and tacking that on to the monthly payment.

I did just receive this from the Tesla associate with whom I’ve been corresponding:

The payment in your app is reflecting sales tax, registration costs and lease fees. You are not able to take advantage of the full tax credit with a lease.

I’m not sure why the full tax credit can’t be leveraged. I’ve been under the impression that the $7500 credit was being applied to the capitalized cost, thus lowering the monthly payment below normal levels, and that this was for all buyers across the board.

Lets be totally clear here.

On a lease, you do not get a tax credit.

The lessor gets a tax credit and they may pass on an equivalent amount if they wish. Tesla does not pass it on as a cap cost reduction. They may be factoring it in to their pricing in other ways (rv, mf, etc).

It’s already factored into their price in some way. You have no say in the matter.

Your monthly price is much higher than the estimate primarily because of the sales tax. Texas charges sales tax on the entire purchase price of the vehicle, which is adding about $100/mo here.

5 Likes

In Texas dealerships can provide you with a tax credit so you only pay 1% sales tax on leases. Unfortunately Tesla and Polestar have no dealerships so their leases in TX are really not competitive.

Look at BMW e35s in TX for pass through EV tax credit benefit and the sales tax credit.

Tesla does not technically pass the EV tax credit to leasees - they just provide a much lower MF than the market - which basically gets you to a similar place.

So who takes the hit for this credit then? The dealership?

Just out of curiosity, did your Model 3 come with mud flaps or PPF installed? Thinking about getting at least the mud flaps to protect the paint in that area.

They do not normally come with mudflaps but the M3 does have a very thick overlay that runs along the side rocker panels. It is a lot thicker than what I would call PPF.

There are tons of mudflaps available online that can be installed without any drilling at all. I bought these ones and they fit perfectly just like OEM using factory mounting locations.

Tesla Model 3 Mud Flaps - No Drilling Tesla Model 3 Splash Guards Fender for 2016- 2023 Upgraded Model 3 Mud Guard Tesla Model 3 Accessories(Set of 4) Amazon.com

There are also pre-cut PPF pieces for various parts of the car available as well. One of the common areas is the semi-triangular section in front of the rear wheels. I was going to go that direction but ended up getting some small side pieces instead since they were so cheap. Honestly, they look very good, at least to me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255921774312?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=42pQ5Y16Sc6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=0xLo04VbT-m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 Like

Thank you! That’s good to know. As I was saying in another comment, I’m the guy that parks at the end of the mall parking lot, away from other cars :smiley:

Same here… my wife and daughter always pack hiking boots if we go out to someplace like a mall together because it’s going to be a long walk.

1 Like

Here are some pic that show the mudflaps and the small side rear rocker protectors/mini sideskirts. One of these already saved the paint on the driver side of the car last week. A small piece of wood was flipped up from the road and I heard it slam into the side of the car. I pulled over and noticed that it hit this skirt instead of the paint. It left a small smudge that easily rubbed out (and that probably wouldnt have been the case if it hit the paint).

And in case anyone notices, yes I am a poseur and have a M3 RWD with red brake calipers and rear trunk lid that look like an M3 P🤪

4 Likes