Tesla Model 3 Discount

Has anyone been able to get a decent discount off MSRP to buy OR lease a Tesla model 3?

Yes, you can get price adjustments on demo/showroom cars as well as cars rejected/returned by someone within the 7 day period. You need to work directly with an owner advisory (OA) to track these discounted cars. I have seen huge price adjustments at the end of Q1 and Q2 (found a showroom P3D car with over $10k price adjustment myself but didn’t pull the trigger due to its mileage and early build date) but this quarter I haven’t seen anything beyond $1500 adjustment for cars with some miles on them. Depending on how sales are tracking against annual guidance, we might see some decent discounts again at the end of the year but I wouldn’t count on it…

3 Likes

Apparently residuals are now a percentage of the selling price, rather than the MSRP, so any discounts/adjustments only have a small effect on leases. In any case, Model 3 is a vehicle that makes more sense to buy rather than lease, due to its astronomical MF.

3 Likes

Shame, would love to lease a high performance EV if one was ever truly a leasehackr-worthy deal!

Did you just say i8?

2 Likes

Seen some amazing deals for sure, especially given the 6-figure pricetag. For me though, I’d like a Tesla 3 for under $400 with 1st mo due at signing :slight_smile:

keep dreaming.

9 Likes

Run the numbers on purchasing one, driving it for a year or two, and selling it. Probably worked better when tax incentives were higher when the 3 first came out however. And sales tax may hurt this approach depending on what state you are in.

I recently bought a mid range model 3. It had a damage disclosure, but the discount was a little over 7000, and it was never titled, so I get the tax rebate and the new warranty started when I purchased it, plus 2 years of free supercharging. I’ve been trying to find something like this for the past 3 quarters, so I was patient and worked with an OA who definitely knew I was probably only going to buy if the discount was high enough and it was what I was looking for. With Tesla, they are more likely to discount it at the end of the quarter. That practice might change because everyone knows they do it, but if you don’t get something soon, maybe try at the end of the year.

3 Likes

You only need Tesla to shed about $3k to get there… in SoCal after rebates…however, I don’t see it happening either.

as long as they are scrambling for sales, i don’t see this process ending.

In the US, Model 3 alone is expected to exceed combined sales of all BMW passenger cars this quarter. :open_mouth:

1 Like

that is staggering - do those numbers account for returns/unwinds?

I saw that. What I meant was, he’s looking to hit 100k, or a scramble to get there. I suspect this type of activity will continue each quarter.

2 Likes

Every EOQ in their history was a scramble…i would worry when that stops.
Also, these numbers are even more impressive when you realize in US are sustained growth numbers…no order wait list.

may be there are lots of non-tesla dealers on this forum, who don’t want to reply… a collective effort to increase their own sales. Some are just learning to read with no finance knowledge. junkyard basically.

I’m actually looking around myself for a P3D but just not really seeing better price on lightly used than I would by just ordering it.

It has me considering a lightly used P100D…All tentative of course in the event I can’t pull off what would likely be a mic drop deal on a fairly new addition to the M car family. (Actual M, not M Lite)

@Electric if you don’t mind me asking, what do you do With these cars ? I see you have a large number of unicorn deals also

Stave off an early midlife crisis I guess. :joy:

I drive them, see something else shinier and prettier and see if I can wheel and deal onto the next best thing.

2 Likes

Lol… yea I am hitting that stage … mid life crisis

1 Like