Tesla leasing in Kentucky

Well he said ‘Tesla doesn’t do leases in MI’ which is wrong, you just can’t pick up a Tesla in MI, they had a single MI store.

“Who can apply? Tesla leasing is available for applicants in the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MN, MO, MT, NC, ND, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, WY.”

Both MI and KY missing from this list. But people found workaround.

Well I mean I cross state line between OH and KY daily for work. I am just not sure if my state of residence creates a problem? I’ve never leased a car before and actually am not sure what the requirements are.

Rob - Gotham Dream Cars - one of the largest “legit” exotic rental company
Ed - Former Sales Director @ Motor Cars of Atlanta
Lehto - Lemon Law Lawyer extraordinaire, a go-to traffic lawyer for Michigan, and an all-around knowledgable guy.

If you have a legit LLC based in Montana that’s not an obvious shell corp, then it’s infinitely less sketchy. But ppl, and dealers are catching on - plus if you’re buying a new car, some of these law office addresses have been flagged as exporters so you may not even be able to purchase that new Porsche, Audi, or Mercedes Benz you wanted to dodge taxes on.

I guess you didn’t read the article

Your State Kentucky needs to make a loophole like MI did, but I guess they don’t wanna. That gallery store is the loophole.

Quite literally the point of this post. Does a loophole, that I MENTIONED in original post, like this exist in KY?

Perhaps you should read.

You said is there any workarounds. This loophole was created by the MI government. And it appears the KY government does not want it. So no loopholes other than buying it in Montana LIKE I SAID.

MT is more about tax and inspection avoidance and that’s not really the OP’s primary objective. There are other states that will allow non-resident registration of vehicles, you just may pay more fees and taxes then you would in your home state.

The problem is that it’s hard to get insurance when your registration and drivers license don’t match. And then you are still operating on an out of state plate in your resident state. MT registration has these same issues.

If the Cleveland store seem friendly, why not just see how far that goes? Based on Tesla registration matrix, KY resident can buy from OH and TN. Worst case you are out $250. Honestly you are better off buying one anyway, the TCO will be much lower.

I think you’ve asked the same question enough times to conclude no one on LH knows.

If Tesla declines to sell a car to you as a Kentucky resident, then you can also conclude that Tesla has indeed failed to find the same loophole as they did in Michigan.

No need to get snarky.

Do you have any non-repetitive questions?

1 Like

Asked the question once buddy. Thread was just off tracked by irrelevant comments about tax evasion and cost. Thanks for your input though.

Only one being snarky is you. If you have nothing to add, go your way.

You could lease in MT and transfer it to KY right? Then insurance, DL etc are all proper?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.