Tesla Deals your contact inside Tesla

$399 for Model 3 lease? Where can I see that deal?

So in reality $622/mo

As often as Tesla’s are totaled for seemingly small accidents due to parts backorders I wouldn’t risk a penny of my money up front and as such would cap the entire thing so likely closer to $650/mo for a ~$41,000 car.

1 Like

And a lot of Tesla’s seem to be getting into accidents. There is a body shop near my house that has dozens of Telsas in various states of teardown.

If I had to guess, a lot of repair shops probably don’t even want the hassle so ends up only being a few options to get a Tesla repaired.

If theres a problem with the Tesla car and it had to be in service for a while, will tesla provide a loaner?

1 Like

This is interesting…I got about 6k total rebate if I buy electric…2.5k from Ca and 3k from my county and 500 from PG&E…

2 Likes

CVRP has a waiting list now. Funding is not guaranteed.

1 Like

A lot have said that if it is a warranty repair they give you a loaner Model S. No personal experience though.

California will always fund the waiting list…so no worries about it. My worry is the car itself and the service if something goes wrong…

It’s the luck of the draw. Some have reported trouble-free. Others, not so much. Some have had to have their cars repainted. Others have had near perfect fit and finish. Those that have had to hit a body shop and/or service have also had mixed reviews.

Depends on the straw you pick and your tolerance level for potential fit/finish quality.

1 Like

I picked up a P100D after transferring my 100D a few weeks before picking it up. The first car was great.

The P100D has had a few issues. The remote keys are not being recognized, interior piece not clipping in fully and center console won’t stay open. Thankfully the phone app works for unlocking the car. I had them come to my house after scheduling an appt 2 weeks out. They could not fix the the key issue or center console. Had to set another appt online a few weeks out at the facility. It is frustrating doing everything online and not being able to just go in. Have patience when it comes to service. The company definitely has flaws.

The car is awesome and fast. If it was a new Bmw or Mercedes it would have been fixed quickly or at least gotten someone to reach out and apologize for the issues.

In the big scheme of things I am not stressed about it and just know what to expect with Tesla service.

1 Like

See, I have no tolerance for service faults like that and would be lemoning out of it as soon as it was possible to do so if my I had a similar experience.

They’ve been in business long enough to have fixed the process TBH.

4 Likes

@Electric love those lemons

1 Like

speaking about lemons. if a Tesla car is branded lemon and manufacture buy back, how can one get the history behind that car? Obviously the $ savings on a lemon is appealing but now knowing why it was branded lemon will keep me away. If you provide the VIN to Tesla will they reveal everything especially if your purchase decision is dependent on knowing the history?

With the greatest respect: have you ever had a lemon before? I’ve had several.

Life with a lemon is like this: https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/anyone-have-experience-using-lemon-law

More days in shop than out, and Tesla saying “we can’t fix it, get a lemon lawyer” (again being extreme to make a point).

Now: here is your dream Model 3, with a branded title (resale value = scrap), no warranty, scarce repair parts, a scattering of repair shops that can fix it IF they have parts. What is the right price for you to have a beautiful car (they are gorgeous!) that has a > 30% chance of leaving your stranded, breaking down in driveway, not being able to open doors or turn on wipers in rain? 20% off? 30%?

I would love a Blue/Black Model S PxxD. If one showed up in my driveway with 5k miles and a branded title, for free? I’d drive it till it killed me (bing bong decapitation). If it was more than the cash in my pocket, I would tell them to take it away.

1 Like

hahaha… but but but… trust me, I want one too but I might take the bite at half the price.

No I have never had a lemon and perhaps would stay away. Hence my post. Its my understanding (limited) that many people Lemon the car because of they are impatient (like the poster above). This is the reason, I want to know why the car was branded lemon. Depends on the issue and of course the price.

I may still not have the guts to go and get it but I am trying to educate myself on how can one get the history of a Tesla vehicle (lemon or not)

You’d think Tesla would be chomping at the bit to trade assist that customer out of that car to protect the brand…

And it’s not about impatience. Cars are often the second largest purchase one makes in life and I dunno about you but I at least expect a new car to perform as designed. If it doesn’t and requires constant repairs and time in the shop then it’s clearly a lemon.

2 Likes

True and I think everybody has different tolerance level. All I was trying to say was that its a known issue that Tesla service right now is slow and parts are hard to get for the newer models. Having the car in shop is frustrating. Going the lemon route you get your money back and then will you buy another Tesla or go diff route?