Tesla Cybertruck... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

Got it, so the seller is basically having a dealer use their license to list a car for sale on the manheim platform, but only has to produce the vehicle if someone buys it or the reserve is hit.

So the dealer takes a cut potentially, and I guess had some downside risk if the original owner doesn’t release their CT and title.

And manheim takes a cut if there’s a sale.

All the freaking auto industry’s is a series of people trying to get a cut lol. No wonder buyers get ripped with alarming frequency. Too much money can be had by gouging buyers and burying them in piles of debt.

I thought all manheim auctions had to be present and somehow roll across the auction block. Otherwise it’d just be some eBay bullshit with what amounts to drop sellers selling other people’s collateral.

It’s a become a mix of ebay-style buy it now (aka OVE), which do not need to lot present, and live in-lane auctions (aka Simulcast) which do.

Looking at this list, only the first 3 (of 17) are running simulcast and 2 of them are GMTV.

1 Like

The race to the bottom again :rofl:

1 Like

People are turoing them out for $650/day, and I’m seeing a good number of reservations. Must be nice to take early delivery.

Are the founder editions coming out soon? They’ll kill the value of these base units. Unless they’re all base?

All your base are belong to us

New drops in referral store. Introducing… Cyberhammer. Only 800 available.

EDIT1: Proud future owner of a cyberhammer.

EDIT2 For Sale… Cyberhammer.

3 Likes

Tesla should have used these as the stalks in the truck.

1 Like

@holeydonut foaming at the mouth wondering how much

5 Likes

I won’t lie, I’m a huge fan of Franz von Holzhausen. He designed the Sky/Solstice and I met him at
GM a few times. His work shaping Mazda and Tesla are world class. Too bad about the customer experience sucks owning the latter.

4 Likes

Franz signature is laser etched and it includes a numbered COA out of a set of 800. I would have preferred live ink but a hard signature to get. Will include proof of purchase and throw in 4 Model 3 chrome license plate frames. $3000

I’m afraid that violates the 1% rule and you’ve marked up the MF too much.

Can you believe new Model 3’s don’t ship with a license plate frame any more? Lame.

2 Likes

I will let you rent the cyberhammer for 36 months but I think you are better off using financing to purchase it.

3 Likes

30k credits will move you up in Cybertruck line. Guaranteed delivery in 45days. Flip it.

I think I might make more on the cyberhammer.

Prices falling fast against the risk ($158K) and I resisted the urge to ever order one.

2 Likes

$158k…that is a $30k+ profit on foundation series. Easy money if you have the credits.

Not if Tesla tries to exercise the no-sale clause and comes after the minimum $50K fine. Not interested in finding out one way or another.

1 Like

Reading the comments on that auction was fun. Sounds like seller initially bought it under an LLC and then had the LLC sell it to him individually for no profit to circumvent the clause.

Either way, it doesn’t really matter since the reserve wasn’t met.

1 Like

Nice.

1 Like

This will be useful to “iron out” all the gaps in the sheet metal of the Cybertruck :slight_smile: clever Tesla, very clever solutions haha

One of these has actually sold.

1 Like