Tesla Cybertruck... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

1 month already since i received that I can order mine and it has been hard not to press that $1000 payment button…
don’t want to pay $20k for premium whatever but… it can be flipped now?? What are my chances of selling it?

I mean i did not sign for any clause when I pre-ordered right?

Elon has entered the chat…

If you’ve seen the first flipped and still haven’t ordered it’s too late

Yee exactly my thought…im late for sure… but but still

1 Like

weak, CT struck in beach sand.

https://x.com/ksbw/status/1765120251295858929?s=20

the ocean salts should aid in the relic’ing process nicely

1 Like

They didnt airdown. Any 4WD can get stuck in the sand if you dont air down… Its like the #1 rule for beach driving.

2 Likes

Yeah man, thanks for the heads up but been there done that about 1000 times.

The more important point is seeing that Minecraft ride spinning its wheels on the beach.

Do you think the “one owner” is a GMTV reference? Can’t imagine a single person taking 3 deliveries already?

There are tons of Cybertrucks being sold online. One owner has old three trucks so far. One for $244,000, another for $195,000, and the third for $189,000.

Want to skip the line?? Now I wish I had put in a late order.

Buy a reservation off eBay simple :rofl:

3 Likes

Has the CT bubble hit?

A few available now.

2 Likes

Looks like there is still a demand. I will let mine go for $155k if anyone interested.

Did any of these actually hit reserve/sell?

There is inventory, but no demand at those prices, otherwise I would be sharing sales records.

1 Like

I wish the same thing happened to the PS5 flippers.

Are these actually licensed dealers pushing their dealer-owned Cybertrucks through Manheim? Or have folks found a way to private-list their CT’s in these dealer-only auctions?

It makes sense for a private seller to just learn which dealers are interested in their product. Then “trade in” the vehicle to a licensed dealer for fat gains and bypass that Tesla no-sell clause. They only pay the no-sale Manheim Fee for these leads I guess.

Didn’t someone post that these guys are buying through an LLC and doing private transfers afterward? Not sure the exact answer to your question.

I thought you needed a dealer license to list anything with Manheim. So I don’t know how these CT’s (assuming they are privately owned directly by a person or by a LLC) are showing up at auction unless the seller has a dealer license.

The Manheim sellers are all licensed wholesale dealers, but that doesn’t mean they need to take ownership of the vehicle.

Most of these listings are title absent, which means the dealer doesn’t even possess the original owner’s title. Combined with the vehicle location of at “dealer lot” and the vehicle doesn’t even have to be in the auction yard. So, what happens is the original owner can continue to possess, even operate, the vehicle, and only if it sells do they need to immediately deliver it to the dealer. The title can still follow up to 30 days later. Even where the dealer may possess the title, the transaction can be processed without the dealer taking title ownership.

Keep in mind that the dealer/reseller has signed no contract with Tesla, only the original owner. Tesla has also gone after listings on public sites, like Cargurus, but not Manheim.

2 Likes

Got it, so the seller is basically having a dealer use their license to list a car for sale on the manheim platform, but only has to produce the vehicle if someone buys it or the reserve is hit.

So the dealer takes a cut potentially, and I guess had some downside risk if the original owner doesn’t release their CT and title.

And manheim takes a cut if there’s a sale.

All the freaking auto industry’s is a series of people trying to get a cut lol. No wonder buyers get ripped with alarming frequency. Too much money can be had by gouging buyers and burying them in piles of debt.

I thought all manheim auctions had to be present and somehow roll across the auction block. Otherwise it’d just be some eBay bullshit with what amounts to drop sellers selling other people’s collateral.