Tesla bankruptcy?

I wouldn’t waste my money or risk my insurance premiums going up fixing that unless it actually rendered the car undrivable due to battery and or serious alignment issues that can’t be remedied by the usual methods.

When did we lose the ability to be even the slightest bit handy? Another case of the Tesla Tax strikes again. :rofl:

They’re your people now, you tell us? :ear:t2:

3 Likes

Tesla doesn’t have the physical infrastructure to support that, point blank. Even in places they’re allowed to actually operate unfettered (Not Texas)

I see positives and negatives to OTA updates but as someone who’s been driving new, lightly used, heavily used and arguable totaled luxury vehicles for the better part of 15 years there’s a certain nicety to not having to book a service visit for a software update. (And if you code your BMW’s frantically trying to remember every change you made)

I haven’t seen the rest of that just yet (I didn’t see a picture of a destroyed tesla wheel and beyond repair tire) but judging by the initial estimate that’s all there is to it.

I get wanting to have your vehicle look perfect but I’m also willing to let certain things go when the overall cost to fix far exceeds the inconvenience to me having some scuffs on my rocker panel but I’m practical like that.

2 Likes

1 Like

Can’t say I disagree the car buying experience sucks and that their system is broken.

I do love the BW Premium interior though.

1 Like

I’d like to get this going again.

2 Likes

I have seen people reporting updates not installing properly in their first try so it can definitely happen for various reasons but there are also ways to reboot the car. Tesla can also remotely diagnose the car and potentially help you without needing to go to the service center. Since I bought the car in October it received 4 or 5 updates with no technical issues. All in all I love that OTA updates add features and improve range/performance and I am ok with the remote chance of update not installing properly for the aforementioned gains.

And they can turn on the cabin cameras under the Model 3 review mirror and the microphones. :eyes::ear:t2::red_car::battery:

This thread is getting real quiet all of a sudden in the last few months except for the few remaining short-bus occupants. Enjoy the ride!

2 Likes

It’s always like that depending which way you riding :slight_smile:

> says the thread is real quiet lately
> has only 2 posts in the thread

I’m firmly in the camp that Tesla won’t go bankrupt in the general sense, but there is no way the company should be valued more than Ford or GM.

1 Like

Besides their various shortcomings, broken promises, and general hubris, why not?

2 Likes

Actually…

I am guessing s/he is on the pro Tesla camp as the stock is getting close to $500, even Bob Lutz said that Tesla is now being run like a “normal” company, which should be high praise in Tesla’s case:

Funny to go back and read some of the comments in this thread from just last year. :rofl: If I had more time I’d pull out some gems and quote them. Maybe I’ll do that another time. :nerd_face:

I guess I should have thrown a few shekels at this company back when it was in the 200’s. Might have been able to buy a full kitchen sink Model X with the profits (Or pay off our mortgage) :battery:

1 Like

I am staying quiet because I sold them and didn’t get back in it.

1 Like

Wasn’t the first train I missed, won’t be the last.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if His Holiness opens his mouth once or 12 more times and it drops back down again. Then again, I can’t figure out why it’s valued as high as it currently is.

3 Likes