Tesla bankruptcy?

Isn’t there a guy in SD that fixes tons of roadsters?

Not that I know of, and certainly not THE ROADSTER WHISPERER

I’m stacking chips for the upcoming recession anyway, I’ll pick one up then. I just looked (on a flight waiting to land) and nothing caught my eye.

1 Like

Paint is a concern sure but then again there’s always the option to wrap.

6 month model 3 owner here. I don’t baby it, but I do love it. I go through gas station car washes. Why not? Paint seems fine to me. Very happy with the car. Took it in around the 3 month mark because of a seatbelt sensor issue. They kept my model 3 for a week while they waited for a wiring harness and set me up in a dual motor model S loaner. I like the handling of the model 3 better. Always liked smaller cars. I love how it drives, the simple interior. And nobody really talks about the sound system, but it’s REALLY good! This is my 3rd electric car. My car isn’t my identity. I wish everyone who wanted a model 3 could get one. My volt lease is up in March (thanks Tricia!). Next car… If I can’t get into that $109/mo Ioniq EV lease (not likely), we’re thinking of getting a second model 3.

(edit: misspelled Tricia’s name, sorry)

2 Likes

I wonder if any further price drops with fed tax credit becoming a goose egg in just a few weeks.

1 Like

It will, they always do. I would have paid a lot less and gotten a better car if I waited another month :expressionless:

I haven’t followed this thread in a while. I love how there are still people with weird obsessions about Tesla.

That doesn’t bode well for the resale value. While I don’t plan on selling the likelihood of someone making me an offer I can’t refuse goes down with every across the board price drop.

1 Like

I will worry about resale value when I find another car with a good level 2 system with OTA update.

1 Like

Be glad you bought cars instead of stock

1 Like

Hey. If things go for the worst what better car to buy than one you can sleep in? :rofl:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/unsworth-vs-musk-pedo-guy-defamation-trial-verdict.html found not guilty

He’s a star in LA, so this is not surprising.

I think it’s more of a case of proving damages as part of defamation. To be guilty, there had to be measurable damages and that seems to be what wasn’t proven.

1 Like

According to this, you could claim physical or mental harm, not necessarily financial damages.

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/civil-litigation/defamation-character-lawsuit-proving-harm.html

I believe in this specific case, financial harm was the basis of the case and wasn’t proven. Regardless of outcome of the case, Elon definitely showed what a wonderful person his is.

1 Like

Hope his truck won’t sue me.

download_20191207_190636

4 Likes

Looks like the Model S killer can only achieve half the range with a similarly sized battery pack. This is why I keep saying the products are too good and Tesla’s EV technology lead is too big to go bankrupt no matter how bad Elon’s antics get. Not just Porsche, Audi and Jaguar are also struggling to get even close to Tesla’s range and efficiency with similarly sized battery packs for same class of cars…

I guess I’m the only one who had to read over 50 case studies to graduate, with (IIRC) dozens of examples of companies who were perceived similarly before their engine seized.

Tesla is about a generation and a half ahead of everyone else on the platform tech, and everyone needs to catch up. That isn’t an insurmountable lead, and also not one that can’t be demolished by a bad business decision (or 10).

2 Likes

1 Like

First model year (2012) Model S was launched with these specs:

85kwh battery pack
0-60 4.4 seconds (it was rwd only at the time, dual motor model released for MY14 cut this down to 3.2 seconds)
265 mile range (dual motor model 243 miles)
89 mpge from EPA

2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo is going on sale 9 model years later with the following specs:

94kwh battery pack
0-60 in 3 seconds
201 miles of range
69 mpge from EPA

Even Porsche (arguably the most technically capable legacy manufacturer) can’t still match today what a start-up Tesla was capable of almost a decade ago. I think you might be underestimating Tesla’s EV technology lead slightly…

3 Likes