Tesla bankruptcy?

Let’s consider that I lease because I’ve gotten bit on out of warranty repairs in the past.

Now increase that risk significantly when you have no aftermarket and are dealing with a manufacturer that has not only supply chain issues but also forces you to use their shops for maintenance and repairs.

I’m thinking no dice on a purchase.

4 Likes

I think those door handles alone are 1,000 apiece (going off memory, but it wasn’t cheap) out of warranty.

According to eBay, $150 a pop.

No need to replace door handles when they break: zip tie or rubber band!

2 Likes

Those are S right? That slideout mechanism is cool but I can’t imagine its very robust. The design on the 3 makes a lot more sense to me.

1 Like
1 Like

Quote from article:

“The most surprising thing is now knowing that I would never want a Tesla vehicle,” a former production employee who left the company last year said.

The former employee said that if he made a mistake while helping assemble a vehicle, he would not want to tell anyone in order to avoid drawing attention to himself.

“Just seeing how we built the cars … I would never buy one of those cars, ever,” he added.

3 Likes

Might be the same at Boeing - no one wanted to hear about problems with Max

1 Like

As much as this is entertaining, this thread veered quite far from the Tesla Bankruptcy to rumors, neat-picking, hearsay. Maybe this thread should be renamed to “Things we heard on internets”.

Having said that: https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/12/20800798/tesla-model-3-rfid-chip-keycard-amiedd-video-watch-body-hacking-body-modification

1 Like

Most of the “OT” supports the argument that while Tesla can design a great product, they can’t build or maintain them, which all portends of bankruptcy.

1 Like

only thing I can say here is…

What an asshole!

Not sure if I would go that far, but she definitely voided her warranty. :rofl:

1 Like

Remember that the Model 3 is the SAFEST CAR EVER PRODUCED!

1 Like

See about 7 posts up

Irrelevant. Mine embedded a super cool gif.

2 Likes

Let’s wait for Elon’s new blog post claiming that normal roofs catch on fire far more often, and that solar roofs are the safest roofs ever tested.

6 Likes

Interesting they announce a $50ish solar leasing program a week or so before this news breaks. Shouldn’t be interesting.

Considering that’s more than my electric bill I’d still have to pass. At least if I purchase it, I can take some writedowns (but either way county and city are going to penalize me for it on property tax :weary:)

Definitely miss my last apartment that had brand new windows and insulated correctly. The house I moved into is terribly inefficient so even though it’s about 1800sqft I’m using 60ish kw a day this summer to keep it at 76-78 degrees. Solar wouldn’t save me a dime for Tennessee since the per kw price is so low.

1 Like

Better to work with a good local independent contractor experienced with solar than to go through these chains, IMO.

Parents are very happy with the ~3 kW system installed at their home by a local contractor. Cost $11K including some roofing work done, or about $8K after tax credits. Panels were Hanwha Q CELLS.

Electricity bills used to be $1,000/year, so the breakeven point is about 8 years. The system is more than enough to offset all their electricity costs, including charging the i3 at night. (No A/C because they have trees and good insulation.) Only cost is like $10/month for transmission fees to the utility.

3 Likes